Owners and tenants of the ten apartments and the commercial premises in the building, the employees of the community...
open/close all folders
"Wholesaler, I don't clean fish!"
— Antonio Recio
Antonio lives with his wife Berta until he discovers her affair with the cleaner, Coque. From Episode 11 of the second season, he becomes the President of the community until the end of season four. He is a Christian and very religious. He's one of the most popular characters from the series, and the longest lasting President of the Community.
- Aesop Amnesia: In season 4 and 5 he learned to appreciate his wife, Berta. Then, at the end of season 6, he leaves her for no reason.
- Break the Haughty: At the end of season 4.
- Butt Monkey: All the neighbours hate him (although they have their reasons) and he always gets hurt in a lot of different ways.
- Catch Phrase: "Wholesaler, I don't clean fish!"
- Humiliation Conga: The end of season 4 is this for him: he discovers that one of his two friends, Coque, is Berta's lover, loses the presidency of the community because the neighbors despise him and thinks that his best friend Enrique has betrayed him by becoming the new President of the community, so he leaves the building. At the end though Enrique and Coque look for him and the three friends leave together Mirador de Montepinar.
- It's All About Me
- Laser-Guided Karma: See Humiliation Conga.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: He tried (or wanted) to kill many characters that he thought were Berta's lover, including Javi, Enrique, Parrales, Coque and a few guest stars.
- Raised Catholic: "I already have The Bible, and I don't believe in it."
- Still, he's pretty much catholic. He prays, confesses his sins at the church and... prays at the end of each neighbor board.
- Screw the Rules, I Make Them!: He is the longest lasting President of the Community. In the community of neighbors, HE is the law.
- Too Quirky To Lose: Antonio got the President status by bribing his neighbors with seafood.
"I, Berta Escobar, descendant of jewelers…"
— Berta Escobar
Bertha is the perfect match for Antonio. She is a highly puritanical woman, which leads to her husband to where he wants. They have a son, who is studying in a boarding school in Ireland, thing of which they boast constantly. Berta is the typical Heckler who thinks that her marriage and her life are perfect and presumes of that. In the third and fourth seasons, she has an affair with the doorman, Coque.
- Catch Phrase: "Judicial Lawsuit!"
- Flanderization: The Berta of season 1 wouldn't recognise the Berta of season 3 and 4.
- The Fundamentalist
- Give Me a Sign - The virgin Mary appeared to Berta, and because of this she started as a nun in a convent.
- Another time at the end of the four season. This time, she gave the house to Parrales and started as a nun... again.
- There was also a false apparition: Enrique Pastor as God. He told her that she had to go back with her husband, Antonio, which was the mastermind behind.
- Satellite Character: At the beginning of the show she was Antonio's Satellite Character, but then she got some character development.