open/close all folders
Live Actress: Arisa FujisakiA third-year and member of Miu's cheerleading trio. In Episode 5, Miu promotes her as the head of the Cheerleading team while she's off in her adventures with the Kamen Rider Club.
- Big Eater: She's almost always seen eating, and seems to have a preference for candy, potato chips and bananas (a scene in Episode 4 even shows her locker with bananas hanging on it).
- The Cheerleader
- Club President: Promoted to the head of the team since Miu will be busy with the Kamen Rider Club. As shown in #25, she does a pretty good job.
- The Ditz: And yet Miu's trusting her with leading the cheerleading team. Turns out she's good at it, though!
- Shout-Out Theme Naming: To Junko and Shigeru Tama, characters in Kamen Rider V3.
Live Actor: Tadao KuroishiLeader of the delinquents' clique. He and his gang usually hang in a corner near the school, but got their butts handed to by Gentaro. Despite his rough exterior, he does have his nice moments.
- Butt-Monkey: Got his (and his clique's) ass handed to him twice by Gentaro in a Curb-Stomp Battle while the latter was seeking information.
- Defeat Means Friendship: He and the other delinquents attack Gentaro twice with no provocation very early on. Move to episode 17, Ban and the other delinquents are shown to be some of the many students Gentaro has become friends with.
- Japanese Delinquents: The real thing. Gentaro just styled himself as one; otherwise he's a bona fide Nice Guy.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: In Episode 7, he shows JK Teruhiko's local hangout and warns him that the latter was pretty dangerous.
- Meaningful Name: If read in the correct order (Ban Chosuke), the first two syllables form "bancho" (gang leader).
Yuri KuramochiPart of Ritsuko's posse, she joins to get revenge on the swim team. Gets revenge on them by using 'powers' to control the water.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Apparently the reason she was kicked off the swim team.
- That and because she was very slow, or so the members of the team say.
- Making a Splash: Except it's really Altar Zodiarts at work.
- Skunk Stripe: Has a stripe of purple.
- Who's Laughing Now?
Masami OkamuraThe other member of Ritsuko's posse. She was originally part of the cheerleading club, but Miu kicked her off due to being more into dating the jocks. She wants revenge on her ex-boyfriend for dumping her.
- The Cheerleader: Originally was part of the Cheerleading Squad before Miu kicked her out.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: Especially when compared to Ritsuko and Yuri.
- Hair Decorations
- Playing with Fire: Or at least how the Altar Zodiarts made it look like for her.
- Really Gets Around: Miu personally kicked her off the squad because she was more interested in dating the jocks than cheerleading.
- Woman Scorned: Joined the coven to pull this on the one footballer that dumped her first.
Live Actress: Yurika TachibanaA second-year girl who first appears as JK's pick for a potential competitor against Miu. She reappears in #7-8 and #12.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: In Episode 3, she was seemingly willing to go out and play along with Gentaro's plan in joining the Queen Festival. 5 episodes later we see her dismissing Gentaro as a freak when she breaks up with Shun.
- Kawaiiko: Plays it up by ending all her sentences with -ishi and so on.
Live Actress: Natsumi IshibashiA member of the Photography Club and Miura's girlfriend. Unlike all other couples on the show, she remains faithful to him in spite of his troubles.
- Camera Fiend: A positive example, she's out to document every spirited smile she sees.
- Genki Girl: She could rival Yuki for pure energy in her.
- The Power of Love: Her heartfelt photos of Miura saves him from accepting another Zodiarts Switch from Scorpio. This also makes her a...
- Spanner in the Works: Without those photos, Scorpio would've had Miura under her thumb and also helped Scorpio go into a Villianous BSOD.
- Tender Tears: As if she's taking the Retraux approach as well by invoking soap opera heroines of The '70s.
Live Actor: Tokimasa TanabePresident of the Glee Club. He's one of the few students outside of the Zodiarts and the Kamen Rider Club who knows about Gentaro being Fourze.
- Childhood Friends: He went to school with Motoyama in the past.
- Club President: Of the Glee Club.
- Scooby Stack: With the other members of his club, at the beginning of #15, while spying on Yuki.
- Secret Handshake: Gentaro and Yuuki teach him (and the rest of the Glee Club) their handshake.
- Secret Keeper: Not only does he learn that Motoyama, who was his classmate since elementary, is the Perseus Zodiarts, he also learns that Gentaro is Fourze.
Live Actress: Yuki KatoKengo's childhood friend and a member of the Track and Field Team, hoping to top an upcoming pentathlon tryout.
- Childhood Friends: With Kengo.
- Huge Schoolgirl
- No Guy Wants an Amazon: Doesn't help that other members of the Track and Field Team tease her about this (as well as her stature).
- Not So Different: Not only does she mirror Yuki's "Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl" relationship with Kengo, but running in a bad stance has led to her developing a chronic condition.
- Red Herring: There's a lot of heavy-handed hinting that Rumi is the Dragon Zodiarts. It's actually the Track and Field leader, Jin.
Live Actress: Kaya AsanoA student who's into ballet and leads the Cygnus Fan Club/Cult, the Ugly Ducklings. She grades the actions of the other members with a "plus or minus" system.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Seems like a Nice Girl all dressed in white who wants to spread the goodwill of Cygnus. Then in Episode 24 (for no odd reason), she ditches white for black, becomes a total bitch and forced Eguchi to become the Cygnus Zodiarts.
- Break the Haughty: The only thing that was done to her was her being used as a Human Shield and Cygnus stating that she was disposable. After that, the Cult disbands.
- Fangirl: She leads many of the other fans of Cygnus in a fan club.
- Human Shield: For letting Eguchi become Cygnus Zodiarts, this was how she was rewarded.
- Lady Macbeth: To the real Cygnus Zodiarts, just as he was about to escape its influence.
- Laser-Guided Karma: See above.
- Meaningful Name: The "Tori" in her surname uses the kanji for "bird". It's another Red Herring.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Learns the hard way that her stupidity nearly got her killed. After that she disbanded the Cult.
- Never Trust a Trailer: Where the trailer for 24 suggests she's the Cygnus Zodiarts, even including the shot where she's about to press the switch! That shot was her forcing the real Cygnus Zodiarts to press and activate the Last One Stage against his will.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Was it really necessary to make Eguchi become Cygnus Zodiarts?
- Not His Sled: The trailer to Episode 24 showed her in a black costume and seemingly holding a Zodiarts switch.
- Paint It Black: Her ballet outfit in Episode 24.
- Red Herring: The look in her eye and her point system really pegged her to be Cygnus Zodiarts. It's actually Eguchi.
- Shout-Out: A ballerina who appears angelic but turns into a selfish bitch, complete with a black tutu - sound familiar?
- Too Dumb to Live: It was really stupid of her to force Eguchi - who before then actually resisted the temptation to do so - to activate "Last One". It nearly killed her.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: You just had to make Eguchi become the Cygnus Zodiarts at Last One despite noticing that he was begging and pleading not to! All so you can say "Oh, Eguchi! We still need Cygnus so please transform for us"!
Live Actress: Runa NatsuiRyusei's old classmate from Subaruboshi High.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Uses a pipe to hit the Dustards something nasty. This might not surprise some.
- Only Friend: With Jiro out of the picture, she's the only one able to fill this role - but it takes time.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: She's working on that, though. Only for Ryusei to tell Tomoko at the finale to come visit him and to tell her that he's not dating Mei.
- Shrinking Violet: Although this may be just be a result of the Aries Horoscopes' rule.
Live Actor: Ryusei YokohamaRyusei's best friend who fell into a coma following a failed attempt to activate a Zodiarts Switch.
- Convenient Coma: His current state. He returns for good at the end of Episode 32.
- I Just Want to Be Badass: He just wants to be as strong as his best friend. Then he received a Zodiarts Switch...
- Only Friend: The only one Ryusei would consider initially.
- Too Good for This Sinful Earth: Played with. Jiro survives but, when cured from the effects of the Switch, he is shown to be so pure that he loses the will to live on hearing what Ryusei did to save him. He gets better though.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Calls Ryusei out on his treachery to Gentaro all to revive him, before relapsing due to losing his will to live.
Live Actress: Rin HonokaA freshman who is shown to be very angry towards elders, having known to flip them over with martial arts moves. At the end of the story, she and Kusao Haru join the few Secret Keeper regular students - until they're ready to join the club itself.
- Berserk Button: Anyone touching her left shoulder gets flipped into the air. Even Ohsugi and Hayami Kouhei are not spared.
- Catch-Phrase: "I'll protect you, Haru!" is pretty much what she said the most in her arc. This is also the very same thing that made her friend quicken his evolution as a Zodiarts.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Returns in #45... and becomes the Pisces Horoscopes!
- Childhood Friends: With Haru. Unfortunately, her insistence of this makes Haru more and more mad once he got that switch.
- Hidden Depths: She hates seniors because a few of them back in her old school made fun of Haru and tossed his charm bracelet into the pool. She stated that she'd never trust them again after that.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Do you wanna know why your friend gets so mad? Because you won't shut up about "I'm the only one who can protect Haru!" that's why!
- Only Friend: Invoked. She doesn't believe that someone who wants to be your friend can be your friend, so she insists to Haru that he trust her. Unfortunately, this makes her very stupid and slow to realize that maybe Haru doesn't want to have her always coming to save him and he wants to have other friends besides just her.
- Poor Communication Kills: Lampshaded and somewhat Justified. Its repeatedly pointed out by Gentaro and crew that if she explained the situation, a lot of problems could be solved earlier. But her paranoia of being betrayed by Upperclassmen keeps getting in the way of considering this.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: See Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!; Haru wanted to accept Gentaro's friendship, except she got in the way because she's the one who didn't trust Gentaro. However, it's all for the better, since her involvement also clued Ohsugi in on there being a faculty member that's working for the Zodiarts.
Live Actress: Mika AkizukiA classmate of Gentaro who has a massive crush on him, wanting to be with him alone during the School Field Trip. Unlike the other regular students who somehow learn that Gentaro is Fourze when he reveals it, she discovered it well ahead of time before the trip.
- Better as Friends: After Gentaro's fight with Libra (untransformed since she took the Fourze Driver), and Yuki gives her a speech about Gentaro, the two to have a photograph together with big smiles.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: While not as profound as her other fellow female students (ie Rumi, Yayoi, etc.), she shows hints of this when she threatens to confiscates Yuki's Hayabusa puppet if she doesn't do what she says.
- She goes as far as pushing a fellow shopkeeper away and berating Yuki in her kimono because they needed to make her outshine and thus forces Yuki to dress up as a fishmonger. Not to mention force Gentaro to give her a piggy back ride, make him drive her around in a rickshaw and other things.
- She knew about Gentaro being Fourze and screams, "Then maybe you should stop being a Kamen Rider." and steals the Fourze Driver away ''just so he can relax and have vacation''.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She loves Gentaro, and will not let anyone get in-between the two. Ultimately gets better in #34 when Yuki explains that Fourze is necessary.
- #34 gives more insight; she knew Gentaro was Fourze and saw how much he was fighting as Fourze. She only wanted him to loosen up and be a normal high school student. Unfortunately, she took it a little too far when she stole the Fourze Driver.
- Distaff Counterpart: She acts basically like Gentaro with a greatly decreased sense of empathy.
- A little bit like early Ryusei in her ability to switch from kind to jerk at the drop of a hat in regards to their mission.
- Foreshadowing: At one point claims that she's the only one who understands and worries about Gentaro. Because she thinks Gentaro's pushing himself too far in his Kamen Rider duties.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Inverted. She wants Gentaro to be normal.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Since she's in the same group as Yuki, Gentaro and Ryusei, she usually has to be pushed out of the way else she finds out about the existence of Kamen Riders.
- #34 reveals that she already knew from watching him at school that Gentaro was Fourze and whenever monsters would appear at school he was fighting them.
- Not So Different: A Large Ham and Genki Girl who shares the same enthusiasm as Gentaro, and even does his Character Tic of hitting his chest with a fist twice before extending it out. The only problem? She doesn't want to make friends, but rather wants to be alone with Gentaro to the point that she'll be a complete Bitch in Sheep's Clothing and ensure that the two are completely alone.
- #34 shows that she acts like that because she liked him and felt sorry for Gentaro's job in being Fourze, was only trying to do this to make him relax. Of course, she didn't have to steal the Fourze Driver.
- Secret Keeper
- Slapstick Knows No Gender: Some of the actions Ryusei uses to keep her out of the loop, like the caltrops.
- Too Dumb to Live: Let's see: the guy you have a crush on saves the school from monsters almost weekly, you took his means of fighting them because you want him to stop focusing on his mission and enjoy the field trip like a normal kid and almost immediately afterward you are confronted with one such monster (Libra Zodiarts). What are you going to do? Refuse to give the Fourze Driver to Gentaro when he comes to try to save you until Yuki gives An Aesop on how Gentaro with or without the belt to protect people. Good idea.
Live Actress: Yuka KonanGentaro's first homeroom teacher, a youthful and beautiful young woman who teaches classical literature. The students consider her cute, and she's the object of Chuta's unwanted affections. She is also the true identity of the Scorpion Zodiarts.
- Beneath the Mask: Despite her popularity and kind demeanor, she can occasionally be heard complaining about the selfishness of her students behind their backs (especially Gentaro "delinquency" and Kengo's standoffishness). Taken up a notch when it is revealed she is actually the Scorpion Zodiarts.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: After Episode 14, all bets that she's a nice teacher are off.
- Brought Down to Normal: After being defeated by Fourze, she has her Switch taken away.
- Canis Major: She was originally the Canis Minor Zodiarts, before she evolved into Scorpion.
- Character Tic: Sucks her teeth in Episode 17, to add to her growing dislike of Gentaro.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Hayami always calls her "My little pup" (Koinu-chan in Japanese). This refers to her past as the Canis Minor Zodiarts, who has surpassed her Last One phase to become a Horoscopes.
- Four Is Death: Got her ass beaten by Gentaro in Episode 14 and got sent to the Dark Nebula in Episode 18, four episodes later.
- Hair Decorations: Hardly appropriate for a high school teacher, but it turns out to be a mask for who she really is.
- Hidden Depths: She's the Scorpion Zodiarts, and before that, Canis Minor Zodiarts.
- Hot Teacher: On the surface.
- Meaningful Name/Significant Anagram: The syllables of her name can be arranged as "sasori nanoda", meaning "I am the Scorpion".
- Nice Girl: Seems to be the nicest faculty in Amanogawa. But that's just a facade.
- This may still be a double subversion if you compare her treating Libra with Cancer and Aries
- Put on a Bus: Hayami's official explanation was that Sonoda-sensei had to take sick leave, when actually she was trapped into the Dark Nebula for screwing her last chance to defeat Fourze and Meteor.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: In contrast to Ohsugi. Again, on the surface.
- Sensei-chan: Gentaro even refers to her as "Sono-chan-sensei", despite her gently reminding him "It's 'Sonoda-sensei'."
- Woman Scorned: Becomes this when her Switch was taken away after Fourze defeats her, vowing to work her way back up the ranks of the Horoscopes. However, even when she does get it, she fails.
Live Actor: Takushi TanakaA geography teacher at Amanogawa High with a dislikable personality, and is also the homeroom teacher for Gentaro's class for the third year. In #30, he has decided to help out the Kamen Rider Club fight the Zodiarts.
- Abhorrent Admirer: To Sonoda. His crush for her was also the reason the Kamen Rider Club lost their portal locker in Episodes 11-12, thanks to Yuki's lie about that locker originally belonging to Sonoda-sensei.
- Brick Joke: Remember the Running Gag of him trying to enforce the school dress code on Gentaro? Cue episode 39.
- Butt-Monkey: After finishing his speech, he turns around to find the people he's speaking to have vanished.
- Then there's that time where he got run over by many of the female students and mothers in Episode 13.
- Character Tic: He usually snaps his suspenders.
- Chewing the Scenery: In Episode 18..."TEEEESTO!"
- The one at the start of #29 beats that one to a pulp.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Observing Hayami talking to Sonoda-and subsequently finding out that he has a nickname to her-made him go into complete shock. Happens again when Sonoda "leaves school". Played for Laughs, of course.
- And in Ep. 46, he learns that Sonoda-sensei was Scorpio Zodiarts. This is also Played for Laughs.
- Irony: The Butt-Monkey out of the faculty is one of the only teachers the Kamen Rider Club could actually trust, seeing that he's not a Zodiarts and is actually a normal, human teacher. However, as shown on the show, he's not that helpful, so even getting the Kamen Rider Club to get a teacher on the inside will be immensely hard. However, after he discovers their hideout, he actually becomes pretty helpful.
- Remember his belief about how students and teachers must never become friends? In #33, he tells the Kamen Rider Club that the reason he joined and became their adviser was because he just wanted to have friends.
- Jerkass: Towards the students, especially Gentaro, since it is his belief that teachers and students shouldn't be friends.
- More specifically, he hates Gentaro because he made Sonoda-sensei "leave the school" (he didn't) and is too stubborn to listen to Gentaro about it.
- After #30, he's done a complete 180. See below.
- Large Ham
- Locked Out of the Loop: He's the only member of the faculty - aside from Satake and Haruka - that's not a Zodiarts.
- However, he soon knows about the Rabbit Hatch, though he's helping out with the club.
- Only to be locked out again, this time regarding Meteor's identity.
- Meaningful Echo: In the beginning of #30 after finding out about the Kamen Rider Club he notes that it was important for teachers to help the students out. At the end of the episode when he gets saved by Fourze from Musca he repeats this same thing, after he announces that he will become their faculty advisor.
- The Mentor: Becomes this for the Kamen Rider Club in #30.
- Only Sane Man: His crush hands out Switches to students, their new principal is in on the conspiracy, and the director is the man behind it all. Compared to them, him being the Butt-Monkey is normal!
- Even more so now that he's helping out with the Kamen Rider Club.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: He's shown having a serious face in #47 in regards to the Day of Awakening; that's enough proof to show how serious this is.
- Papa Wolf: We're not kidding. He tries to pull Leo Zodiarts away from Miu screaming "Don't harm my students!" and even escapes the Rabbit Hatch to warn Kengo and Gentaro about what's going on. He's going to protect his students no matter what!
- Professional Butt-Kisser: Behaves this way towards Miu and Daimonji. Keeping the Kamen Rider Club a secret has allowed Shun to maintain some clout over him in Episode 11 (or maybe Ohsugi's just that gullible).
- Averted in #30 as he actually tries to escape them when he's being guarded by them in the Rabbit Hatch.
- Red Herring: In one episode, Sonoda sees him reading the horoscope and asks what his sign is. He responds "Scorpio", making pincers with his fingers and getting a creepy red glow. Turns out Sonoda-sensei is the Scorpion Zodiarts.
- Say My Name: In #32:Ohsugi: (to their respective owners) KISARAGI! JOJIMA! UTAHOSHI!...(turns to Ryusei) Sakuta?
- Secret Keeper: Goes with being the faculty adviser of the Kamen Rider Club.
- Shoo Out the Clowns: After he becomes involved with the KRC, his appearances grow less and less as the other Horoscopes arrive.
- Took a Level in Kindness: After learning about the Zodiarts threat, along with Ran noting that Haru got his switch from a teacher, he decides to help the Kamen Rider Club and be its faculty advisor.
- To the point that in #41, after Virgo has caused the club to break up, he only asks for the remaining members—Ryusei, Kengo and Gentaro—to not die because he truly cared about them.
Live Actor: Satoshi JinboA notoriously ruthless teacher responsible for detention classes. Has a great hatred for delinquents due to him having trouble with his own son at home.
- Back for the Finale
- The Dreaded: In Episode 7 alone, he even makes Gentaro cower before him.
- Getting angry at one point also caused him to strike fear into Tomoko.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: Of the academic kind. He spares nobody - not even Shun.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul: Initially. With the realization that his strictness drove his son to madness, it's safe to say he's getting better.
- Gratuitous English: "Bad boy." (to Gentaro)
- Ironic Echo: Gentaro repeats these words when he asks if Sakate's son was also one of these. Then again in Movie Wars Ultimatum when Satake believes Gentaro has cast off the "bad boy" and earned "good man" instead.
- Hidden Depths: The reason he's so ruthless to delinquents is because of his own past with his son...which comes back to bite him.
- My God, What Have I Done?: His son became a Zodiarts because he was such a hardass. Discovering this had a big effect on him. This is exemplified by him repeatedly whispering Teruhiko's name while the latter is in a coma, showing that Satake still loved his son. Once Teruhiko is freed from the Zodiarts Switch, you can see the look of relief on his face as he hugs his son.
- Pet the Dog: Perhaps as thanks for helping his son, he gives Gentaro a 50%note (aka a passing grade) on the test.
- Sadist Teacher: At first; with the revelation of his son being Hound Zodiarts, he'll most likely get better.
- Simple Stick: Carries one as part of his usual getup.
- Vitrolic Best Buds: While he still gives Gentaro a hard time, he comes to respect him as a colleague by Movie Wars Ultimatum.
Live Actor: Kousei AmanoThe charismatic principal of Amanogawa High. In reality, he's actually the Libra Zodiarts, and is currently handing out the Zodiarts Switches after Scorpion has been demoted.
- The Ace: He's got a Ph.D in physics, is so popular-and gorgeous-in the eyes of the School Faculty, the students and their mothers, and is just plain charismatic. Of course, that's not all he is.
- Butt-Monkey: It appears that all the newly evolved Horoscopes do not respect him as much as Sonoda.
- Character Tics: Tends to use words relating to weight, such as "heavy" and "light". Yet another hint that he's Libra.
- Foreshadowing: His debut episode hints heavily that he is the Scorpion Zodiarts, as he has the same speech patterns and body language. He's not, but he is the Libra Zodiarts.
- Hot Principal: Not only do the female students find him attractive, but so do the mothers of various students. Thus he immediately catches the attention of Sonoda, and the jealousy of Ohsugi. But, just like Sonoda, this is just a farce.
- Meaningful Name: His first name literally translates as "fairness; impartial; justice"; hinting he is the Libra Zodiarts.
- Perpetual Smiler: He carries a smile on his face at all times. This lapses into Dissonant Serenity when he shows his true colours as a Manipulative Bastard.
Live Actress: Nao NagasawaSonoda's replacement as homeroom teacher for Class 2B. She despises her job and would rather make a living on kickboxing then teaching students.
- Advertised Extra: A big deal was made out of her appearing in the series due to her actress, but she didn't stay on after the Pegasus Zodiarts' two-parter. Though she comes back later in both the movie and the finale.
- Back for the Finale
- Badass Normal
- Berserk Button: Prying into her personal life for whichever reason, though this dies down later on.
- Character Tic: Her trademark kick begins with a quick double-stomp resembling a horse tapping its hooves.
- Dismotivation: Hates being a teacher and makes it clear that she plans on quitting. Gentaro convinces her to infuse her job with the passion she has for kickboxing, resulting in her starting a kickboxing club and starting to actually enjoy teaching.
- Frameup: The real Pegasus Zodiarts goes out of his way to plant evidence implicating Utsugi because he hates her.
- Ice Queen -> Cool Big Sis Mentor
- Long Lost Auntie Aesop: Inverted when it was Gentaro teaching her about combining her career and passion and not vice-aresa. Then she gets Put on a Bus until the movie.
- Kick Chick: Practices kickboxing.
- Red Herring: There were hints that she was Pegasus Zodiarts, her Character Tic being one of them. It's actually a student she really ticked off, who copied her kickboxing.
- Secret Keeper: For Gentaro, because he revealed his identity as Fourze in an attempt to get her to peacefully hand over the Pegasus Switch - which she didn't have.
- But she did have a switch; she had the switch to the fire alarm cause she kicked it off!
- Take a Third Option: She was stuck between teaching and wanting to pursue her kickboxing dreams. Gentaro suggests that she just teach kickboxing and form a club.