The Cats In General
- Made of Iron: This being a slapstick show, after all.
- The Noseless: They have no noses.
- Pet Heir: Mrs. Cramdilly presumably never had kids and whatever happened to the rest of her family is unknown, so her money went to the cats.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Root beer. They even try to dress up as girls to Kimberly's party (thinking she wouldn't let them in since they're boys, despite the fact she is a Nice Girl that loves them), all because they wanted root beer.
- Rich Idiot with No Day Job: Not that it's really their fault... they're cats, after all. ...anthropomorphic cats, however, so yes, maybe they could have jobs. One wonders if their hereditary money will ever run out...
Voiced by: Wayne Knight
- Adaptation Name Change: Was named Mr. Black in Gear.
- Catchphrase: Yeah!
- Jerkass: A complete meanie to everyone.
- Large Ham: Loves hamming it up.
- Little Big Brother: The smallest one of the brothers despite the oldest.
- The McCoy: Extremely short tempered.
- Small Name, Big Ego: A pretty high opinion of anything he can do.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: In the original comic, Mr. Blik (then Mr. Black) was - at the absolute worst - somewhat impatient and sarcastic. In fact, he was the Only Sane Man out of the entire cast of Gear. The show turned him into a selfish, hot-headed jerk.
Voiced by: Rob Paulsen
- Big Little Brother: Younger than Mr. Blik, but taller.
- Cannot Spit It Out: When it comes to Kimberly.
- Catchphrase: Great Gopher!
- Composite Character: Arguably for the Gear version of his character and for Simon (a fourth cat who was not carried over to the show); he has the personality and coloring of the former but the eating habits and physique of the latter.
- Little Big Brother: To Waffle.
- Only Sane Man: Of his brothers. While Waffle goofs around and Mr. Blik bullies, he is usually serious.
- Team Chef: Cooks a lot.
- Unexplained Accent: Has a Scottish accent, despite both his brothers having American accents.
Voiced by: Kevin McDonald
- Adorkable: Waffle is a complete and utter goofball but still manages to be absolutely precious and charming in his own way.
- The Baby of the Bunch: The youngest of the cat brothers.
- Berserk Button: Waffle is very vocal about his dislike of liars. While normally goofy and laid back, he will often lash out whenever he's lied to. Usually, it's directed towards Mr.Blik. He also hates cheaters.
- Big Little Brother: The biggest of the brothers and the youngest.
- Catchphrase: Splee!
- Cloudcuckoolander: Considering he one time ate a meal of nothing but salt and thinks unicorns lay eggs, he qualifies.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: When Waffle has to drive Gear in a race against the Chumpy Chump Boys due to height regulations, he's at first completely useless. Then, his pet newt Gomez ends up on the Chumpy Chumps car. He then becomes a ridiculously good Drives Like Crazy driver, who can even steer with his tail. He also has been shown to put up a decent fight against his brothers when angry. When he was tricked into thinking they were mice he beat them to the point of making them run for their lives, and he attacked Mr. Blik for stealing the title of "King of All Root Beer" from him by cheating and was shown to dominate most of their fight.
- Genius Ditz: Waffle is much smarter than he seems. Every so often, he'll define a rarely heard word like a dictionary and can be surprisingly quick on his feet when it comes to plans.
- The Ditz: Dumbest of the brothers.
- Friend to All Living Things: He's able to make friends with all sorts of animals except for bees and bears, it appears.
- Manchild: An adult in cat years but has the mindset of a toddler.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: After Mr.Blik cheats to win the title "King of All Root Beer" and the benefits that come with it, Waffle goes ballistic and attacks him during the parade being held for Blik. He and Mr. Blik get into a fight, and for the most part Waffle was winning until Gordon tried to break them up.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: A rare example of The Ditz having a case of this. A minor running gag in the show is him casually dropping a rarely heard word and then giving a near perfect dictionary definition when his brothers express inevitable confusion.
Voiced by: Maurice LaMarche
- Dreadful Musician: On the tuba.
- Not So Above It All: Hovis normally acts reasonable and clever enough, but he tends to make snarky comments whenever he finds a way to throw jabs at Mr. Blik, such as joining the fun of calling him "Mr. Pickles" when his fur turned green.
- Servile Snarker: Especially to Mr. Blik, though it's not hard to blame him.
Voiced by: Liliana Mumy
- All Girls Like Ponies: As long as they're unicorns, that is.
- Cheerful Child: A child, and an optimist at that.
- Distressed Damsel: In Unicorn Club and Core-Uption.
- Friend to All Living Things: Bears notwithstanding.
- In Unicorn Club where she becomes (justifiably) angry at Gordon and even yells at him but then immediately reverts back to her cheerful self.
- In Slumber Party, she shifts back-and-forth between being exasperated with/hostile toward the cats for crashing her party and being caught up in having fun at said party.
- Nice Girl: Kind, forgiving, and looks out for the well-being of others.