- Adaptation Displacement: Most who have seen this series have never even heard of Gear, which is the show's source material. Ironically, said source material is actually easier to find than the show.
- Badass Decay: The Kraken might suffer this, seeing as how he was able to destroy a large ship in his debut appearance, but by the next, he was begging the cats to let him stay at their mansion, gets easily chained up to a rock by the other krakens on his home planet, and when he tries to fight the three-headed kraken (whom he says bullied him in junior high) he only slaps them once. Then, they picked him up, punched him in the face repeatedly, and threw him into the sea.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: In "To The Moon", Waffle make a graduation speech which ends with, "We say goodbye to our school, but we say hello to our future... MAKING FRENCH FRIES!" And then the Great Recession hit, leaving recent graduates without any job opportunities.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: At the beginning of "The Unicorn Club", Human Kimberly is singing a song that goes "Prancy-prance unicorn, fancy-pants unicorn..." Many years later, an episode of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic would prominently feature a unicorn named Fancypants.
- Squick: Gordon's infatuation with Human Kimberly. They are around the same age, but Gordon is clearly middle-aged in cat years.