Characters: Casper Scare School
open/close all folders
Students of Scare School
- Affectionate Gesture to the Head: In "Vote for Casper" Mantha strokes Casper's head when she reveals that she did vote for him. In "What Possessed You?" Stretch also strokes Casper on the head when he believes Casper gave up on being friendly.
- Anti-Hero: At first and for most of the series, he is unambiguously friendly and kind, even if he is more than a bit snarky who isn't above lying and generally being an occasional "trouble-maker" in school, even during the earlier installments. Then Casper got Darker and Edgier, doing things that become much more questionable as time goes on, even when they're being used to reach goals that are unquestionably heroic.
- Berserk Button: Unsurprisingly, he doesn't react too well to his friends being threateaned.
- In "What Possessed You?" he scarred one of the Normans after he possessed Casper and bullied his classmates and Jimmy.
- In "Messy Bussiness at the Manor", Mosshead found out about Casper being friends with a fleshie and intended to tell everyone at Scare School. Casper finally snaps and chews him out for being an Ungrateful Bastard. He insults Mosshead and unintentionally scares him.
- Don't you ever embarrass him in front of his classmates.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Pushing him around too much is not a good idea.
- Brilliant but Lazy: He is great at scaring people, both on purpose or in accident, and even scarred a crowd better than Kibosh himself once and he wasn't even trying to.
- Character Development: In season 2, he's gotten a lot more aggressive towards Thatch and will fight back when Thatch picks on him.
- Cheerful Child
- Children Are Innocent
- Na´ve Newcomer: In the movie and season 1.
- Nice Guy: Maybe too nice for his own good.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: His friendliness often causes problems for both his fellow creatures and himself.
- The Chosen One: Fans believe that Kibosh wants to make Casper the next leader of the Underworld.
- The Hero
- Innocent Blue Eyes
- Intergenerational Friendship: Has one with Cappy.
- Interspecies Romance: He has a crush on Mantha.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Feminine Boy to Mantha's Masculine Girl.
- Older Than They Look: He appears to be somewhere around Jimmy's age, but he is really more than two hundred years old.
- Out-of-Character Moment: In "Potent Brew" Casper is trying to pull something from a toddler's grip and when Mantha scares the toddler into letting go, making her cry, Casper thanks her. What the hell.
- The Rival: To Thatch.
- Teacher's Pet: Kibosh clearly favors him.
- Token Good Teammate
- Undying Loyalty: For everyone he holds dear.
- Took a Level in Badass: In season two.
- Why Couldn't You Be Different?: The Ghostly Trio wants Casper to be scary and a prankster like them.
- You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry
An Egyptian prince.
Casper's other best creature friend and love interest who is a "Zombie Activist".
The head bully at Scare School and Casper's arch nemesis.
Mickey and Monaco
Preppy Skeleton twin girls.
Scare School Staff
Alder and Dash
Scare School's not-so-bright headmasters.
Scare School's gym teacher.
Scare School's history teacher.
Casper's uncles and caregivers.
The much feared leader of the Underworld.
James "Jimmy" Bradley
Casper's best (human) friend.
Jimmy's father and Deedstown's Creature Catcher.
Deedstown's local bullies who love to make other children's lives hell, especially Jimmy's.