open/close all folders
Students of Scare School
- Affectionate Gesture to the Head: In "Vote for Casper" Mantha strokes Casper's head when she reveals that she did vote for him. In "What Possessed You?" Stretch also strokes Casper on the head when he believes Casper gave up on being friendly.
- Anti-Hero: At first and for most of the series, he is unambiguously friendly and kind, even if he is more than a bit snarky who isn't above lying and generally being an occasional "trouble-maker" in school, even during the earlier installments. Then Casper got Darker and Edgier, doing things that become much more questionable as time goes on, even when they're being used to reach goals that are unquestionably heroic.
- Berserk Button: Unsurprisingly, he doesn't react too well to his friends being threateaned.
- In "What Possessed You?" he scarred one of the Normans after he possessed Casper and bullied his classmates and Jimmy.
- In "Messy Bussiness at the Manor", Mosshead found out about Casper being friends with a fleshie and contemplated to tell everyone at Scare School. Casper finally snaps and chews him out for being an Ungrateful Bastard. He gives Mosshead a mighty "The Reason You Suck" Speech and unintentionally scares him.
- Don't you ever embarrass him in front of his classmates.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Pushing him around too much is not a good idea.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: He is great at scaring people, both on purpose or in accident, and even scarred a crowd better than Kibosh himself once and he wasn't even trying to.
- Character Development: In season 2, he's gotten a lot more aggressive towards Thatch and will fight back when Thatch picks on him.
- Na´ve Newcomer: In the movie and season 1.
- Nice Guy: Maybe too nice for his own good.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: His friendliness often causes problems for both his fellow creatures and himself.
- The Chosen One: Fans believe that Kibosh wants to make Casper the next leader of the Underworld.
- Intergenerational Friendship: Has one with Cappy.
- Interspecies Romance: He has a crush on Mantha.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Feminine Boy to Mantha's Masculine Girl.
- Older Than They Look: He appears to be somewhere around Jimmy's age, but he is really more than two hundred years old.
- Out-of-Character Moment: In "Potent Brew" Casper is trying to pull something from a toddler's grip and when Mantha scares the toddler into letting go, making her cry, Casper thanks her.
- Teacher's Pet: Kibosh clearly favors him.
- Undying Loyalty: For everyone he holds dear.
- Why Couldn't You Be Different?: The Ghostly Trio wants Casper to be scary and a prankster like them.
RaAn Egyptian prince.
- A Fool and His New Money Are Soon Parted: In "Rich Kid Ra", however he was already rich to begin with until an archaeologist raided his family's tomb.
- Older Than They Look: He appears to be somewhere around Jimmy's age, but he is really almost three thousand years old.
- Older Sidekick: Ra is 2500-years-old while Casper is hundreds of years old.
ManthaCasper's other best creature friend and love interest who is a "Zombie Activist".
- Berserk Button: DON'T talk trash about zombies, some actors found this out the harsh way.
- Interspecies Romance: She has a crush on Casper.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Masculine Girl to Casper's Feminine Boy.
- Our Zombies Are Different: She is actually smart and agile. The walking slowly while chanting "Braaains..." routine is just a scare tactic zombies use. And though she does eat brains, it's not all she eats.
- Pink Means Feminine: Subverted. She wears a pink shirt and her shoes have pink shoelaces but she's rather tomboyish.
- The Smurfette Principle: She's the only female in her group of friends.
ThatchThe head bully at Scare School and Casper's arch nemesis.
- 0% Approval Rating: He certainly believes that he's popular, but nobody really seems to like him much. Even his henchman don't know why they hang out with him.
- Daywalking Vampire: He frequently visits Deedstown in broad daylight.
- Dreadful Musician: Thatch thinks he can sing, but to the others, he's horrible.
- Dragged by the Collar: Whenever he gets in trouble, someone (mainly Alder and Dash) drags him away by his cape.
- Flanderization: In season 1 he was sneaky, clever and better balanced. In season 2 he is whiny, not so scary and a lot more bratty and greedy.
- Jerk With A Heart Of Jerk: Sometimes teams up with Casper, but goes back to the way he was before.
- Our Vampires Are Different: He isn't harmed by sunlight and doesn't have to drink blood to survive.
- Pretty Boy: In the eyes of his fangirls.
Thatch's gangThatch's "followers".
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: In the first episode, Dummy Girl is shown to have crush on Slither.
- Hair Decorations: Dummy Girl ties her hair with two big red bows.
- The Pig Pen: Mosshead doesn't bother much with hygiene.
Mickey and MonacoPreppy Skeleton twin girls.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: In "Triclops, Mistress of Dark".
- You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry: Just ask Thatch and Ra.
Scare School Staff
Alder and DashScare School's headmasters. Dash, the head on the left, is very cunning and intelligent. Alder, the head on the right, is somewhat lacking in the smarts department but has ideas from time to time. But what they have in common is that they are both rude and manipulative.
- 0% Approval Rating: Not many people like them much, but they do have their loved ones who love them back.
- Big Bad: Both in the movie and for most of the series.
- Cry Cute: The two of them both cry in the movie after reminiscing the good times they had with their Ankle.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: They love their aunt/uncle (Ankle) and their pet bunny.
- You Have Failed Me: In "What Possessed You?", Kibosh sent them to the Chamber of Unspeakable Horrors for failing at turning Casper into a terryfing creature.
- Genius Ditz: Alder is rather incompetent, though he has his moments where he is the smart one, but not normally.
FrankengymteacherScare School's gym teacher.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes??: He's scared of villagers with torches.
Hedy HopperScare School's history teacher.
Ghostly TrioCasper's uncles and caregivers.
- Bear Hug: They do this to Casper and each other frequently.
- Lighter and Softer: They actually care about Casper now. Of course they still love to scare humans.
- Meaningful Name: Fatso is a Big Eater and the biggest of the ghosts and Stinky smells awful.
- Terrible Trio: But they aren't evil, just rather mischevious.
- Took a Level in Badass: In "Thatch My Idol".
- The Prankster
KiboshThe much feared leader of the Underworld.
- Bad Boss: He once threatened to close Scare School unless Professor Burns performed his party trick for him.
- Berserk Button: Creatures being friendly/not being scary and to a minor extent being interrupted then talking.
- Good Is Not Soft: Very, VERY deep down Kibosh is actually pretty nice.
- Meaningful Name: He is determined to put the kibosh on Casper's friendliness.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Played with. His ego shows in that he forces Alder and Dash to sing him songs thanking him for not insulting or hurting them. Given his status as king of all ghosts and ruler of the Underworld though, the "small name" part does not really hold up.
- The Dreaded: To all humans and creatures (except Casper).
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid/Not So Different: He used to be a friendly ghost like Casper when he was his age.
- Would Hurt a Child: Played with. He was never seen hurting a student. However, he has made things that would have hurt or even killed the students in season 1, plus Alder and Dash implied that Kibosh gives the students the same hideous punishments he gives to adult creatures, although Kibosh believes he is doing what's best for his people.
- You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry
James "Jimmy" BradleyCasper's best (human) friend.
- Expy: He is similar to Chris from Casper: A Spirited Beginning due to both being "experts" in the supernatural.
- Purple Eyes: In the TV series, his eyes are almost violet blue.
- Wacky Parent, Serious Child: The Serious Child to Graham's Wacky Parent. While his father usually acts silly, he is usually laid-back most of the time.
Graham BradleyJimmy's father and Deedstown's Creature Catcher.
- Follow in My Footsteps: He wants his son to be a join him in the Creature Catcher business.
- Man Child: He can be seen hugging a teddy bear while Jimmy tells his scout trope a scary story in "Scare Scouts".