Characters: Brain Dead 13
The computer fixit who was tricked by Dr. Neurosis into fixing the computer. All doesn't go well when Lance calls the Mad Scientist
"average", and now he's on the run from the Big Bad
's minion Fritz as he finds a way to the doc himself. Lance is an avid video game junkie, and a bit of a smart mouth.
Voiced by Riccardo Durante.
Dr. Nero Neurosis
A gigantic brain who was planning on taking over the world. However, during the beginning of the game, the computer breaks down, so he 'hires' Lance to fix it. When he is to get rid of Lance, he calls the Mad Scientist
", prompting him to command Fritz to finish him off. When Lance escapes, he awaits as Lance confronts him. As soon as he does, he tricks Fritz into firing him, then causes Fritz to fall into Neurosis' tank, and Lance "flushes" the two from one of the controls.
Voiced by Dave Quesnelle.
Fritz is a hunchbacked little imp with hooks for hands, who carries an array of deadly gadgets that he uses to kill Lance. His apparent lack of brains doesn't prevent him from being a lethal adversary. Lance is pursued by him throughout the game. He is Dr. Neurosis' "pet" and diligently follows all orders given to him.
Voiced by Joe Giampapa, though Fritz doesn't speak in any languages at all, but only in grunts and gibberish.
- Butt Monkey
- Death from Above: How Fritz launches an attack on Lance from the top of the main entryway.
- Determinator: Insanely so.
- Distracted by the Sexy: While looking at Vivi.
- The Dragon: Of the Five-Bad Band.
- Eye Scream: At the beginning of the game, Lance pokes Fritz's eyes, prompting him to cover them... too bad that he has Hook Hands.
- Fire-Breathing Weapon/Kill It with Fire: Fritz uses the flamethrower to charbroil Lance's head in one death scene. And as if that wasn't enough, the imp reappears to blow on the charbroiled skull, rendering it like dust in the wind.
- Hard Head: During the confrontation on the stairs, Lance uses a big, strong iron hammer to whack Fritz on the head, which only makes him suffer a minor concussion until he gets up and chases him again.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: During the stairs sequence, after Fritz gets hit by a Super Rug Pull and loses his weapons, Lance can steal his weapons to use against him, including at least two hammers.
- Hook Hand: Two, which he can replace with.
- Hyperspace Arsenal: Fritz carries a wide variety of weapons under his coat.
- The Igor
- I'm a Humanitarian: Several of the deaths involve Fritz eating Lance somehow.
- Improbable Hairstyle: In this case, short hair with a short pigtail standing up.
- Oh, Crap: Fritz when he realizes what Lance was doing with the carpet...
- Psycho for Hire
- Solid Gold Snot: The substitute for bubble gum from Fritz that fixes Dr. Neurosis' computer and can cause trouble for Lance very quickly.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Definitely! He even has a spot in the above box art which says "Starring Fritz". Not bad for a Determinator maniac who is so hell-bent on using so many ways to kill Lance.
- Threatening Shark: In this case, Fritz, disguised as one, in one of Lance's death scenes.
- Trenchcoat Warfare: Though not an actual trenchcoat, Fritz invokes this with his vest at several points, including the cover.
- Trigger Happy/More Dakka: When he goes all-out on Lance in a blaze of glory during the final confrontation with Dr. Neurosis. Results in Hero-Tracking Failure if Lance plays the cards right.
- Too Dumb to Live: Lance tricks him into making him look in his own cannon hand during the beginning of the game.
- The Unintelligible
- Villainous Breakdown: Fritz's patience begins to visibly wear thin as you progress through timing events where he's the danger. He finally snaps at the end, unloading upon Lance with every ranged weapon he has while blindly charging at our hero. This tunes out Neurosis' demands and pleas for him to stop since he's slowly destroying the doctor's jar in the process.
- Where's the Kaboom?: How Fritz gets tricked into looking in the cannon.
- Wingding Eyes: Fritz gets so angry that, in the final confrontation, he uses these eyes as a slot machine, thinking up many methods of killing Lance. One of these methods includes a high-heeled shoe.
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair
Vivi is a curvaceous, vampiric vixen with a Southern belle accent who runs a "funeral salon". It is generally an excuse for her to dismember or suck the blood of unwary or unwilling patrons like Lance.
Voiced by June Brown.
A big, dumb, Frankenstein's Monster-like giant, who spouts various sports phrases and wields a baseball bat and a football.
Voiced by Blayne Burnside.