The main kids:
- The Ace
- Anti-Hero: Type II-IV
- Bratty Half-Pint
- Brats with Slingshots: or a Rubberband.
- Disappeared Dad: Its implied his father died of illness.
- The Hero
- Jerk Ass: At times he can be one.
- Kick the Dog: He actually gets more than one of these in the "Wedding Picnic" episode. After Marcia bites Shifty, Blinky tells him that he is going to get blood poisoning and purple spots. Later, when Marcia believes that she actually has caused those things to happen to Shifty, Blinky rubs it in by saying that Danny Dingo will come after her for it.
- Kid Hero
- Lovable Rogue:
- Pet the Dog: Building Shifty Dingo a wheelchair after he breaks his leg in the wedding picnic episode is one of the sweetest things he's ever done.
- Ungrateful Bastard: Miss Magpie and "Old Man"( a cockatoo) rescue Blinky and the gang from a balloon hanging over a cliff. Even Marcia gives their teacher a hug. Blinky however teases her about her missing tail feathers, which she had plucked out herself so the rest of the town could follow her.
- Break the Cutie: The Mother's Day episode, and her birthday episode (where she believes they've forgotten).
- The Chick
- Deadpan Snarker: Sort of. She definitely has her moments despite normally being closer to earth than the others in the gang.
- Disappeared Dad: He went missing at some point, but they're thankfully reunited in the penultimate episode of Season 1.
- The Drag-Along: The third series has her joining Blinky and Flap just so she can keep an eye on them.
- The Heart
- Missing Mom
- Nice Girl: Among other things, she's the only one who didn't mistreat Shifty even once during Season 2.
- Only Sane Man: Or female.
- Panty Shot: Pink in the movie. White in the series (Season 1 and 2) and Purple like her dress (Season 3), quite frequent.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Marcia's red.
- Team Mom: Especially towards Shifty in season 2.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: In the first two seasons she's the girly girl to Marcia. The third season has her as the Tomboy to the French Poodle Penelope and girly girl to Ling Ling the panda.
- Ambiguously Gay: Not nearly as extreme as Sirol Crocodile but he has his moments like skipping around with a flower during the mothers day episode and showing an interest in hairdressing. Due to romantic subtext with Nutsy, he could qualify as a Camp Straight.
- Anti-Villain: Before his Heel-Face Turn.
- Black Sheep: Of the dingo family.
- Break the Cutie
- Butt Monkey
- The Chick: After his Heel-Face Turn, he shares this with Nutsy. He definitely could qualify as a male version, but also qualifies as the Sixth Ranger and The Smart Guy.
- Classical Anti-Hero: After his Heel-Face Turn.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Shows shades of this, in one episode he thinks humans eat plastic
- Cowardly Lion: He certainly has his moments. Especially in season 2.
- Cuddle Bug
- Cute Little Fangs
- Disappeared Dad
- Everything's Better with Spinning: He spins with a flower in the mother's day episode.
- Fantastic Racism: Sadly, he's often the victim of it.
- Genius Ditz: Seems to be quite talented with musical instruments.
- Girly Run: In Blinky Bill's Mother's Day, complete with him holding a daffodil.
- The Heart
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: About the only masculine things about him are his baseball cap and skateboard.
- Keet: When he's in a good mood, anyway.
- The Klutz
- Lovable Coward
- Nice Guy: Season 2.
- No Respect Guy: In Season 2 and the end of Season 1.
- Out-of-Character Moment: Possibly, there are times where he actively aided Danny. But likely just a case of Characterization Marches On or Character Development.
- Precious Puppy: Also being The Woobie to make him even cuter!
- Promoted to Opening Titles: Season 2.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes
- Put on a Bus: Inverted in series 3 - Splodge, Marcia and Shifty stay behind.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter
- Shrinking Violet
- The Smart Guy and Sixth Ranger: Of Blinky Bill's gang once he joins. Also has some elements of The Chick.
- Sweet Dreams Fuel: Take a look at the fanart of Shifty Dingo before you go to bed and prepare to have sweet dreams of Precious Puppies. He's practically High Octane Sweet Dreams Fuel in the form of a puppy.
- Tender Tears: He probably cries more than any other character on the show.
- Token Good Teammate: To the dingoes. Every once in a while, he'll act like a Jerk Ass but it's usually to impress his big brothers.
- Yes-Man: To Danny in a few episodes, one episode he's a Servile Snarker.
Mr "Wombo" Wombat:
- Almighty Mom: She is always quick to discipline Blinky and whatever she says goes.
- Good Parents
- Mama Koala Bear
- Missing Mom: Temporarily in the movie - she wasn't among the evacuated villagers because she refused to leave her tree home. Blinky's goal in the movie was to find her, until midway when Nutsy took priority. In the end she turns out to be alive amongst the trees, and they finally reunite.
- Demoted to Extra: Quite quickly. In Episode one, he seems prominent and even gets star billing in the credits but is quickly shoved into the background thereafter.
- Demoted to Extra: He has a big and dramatic scene in the movie where he files Marcia to the Wood Chip Mill. He doesn't drop off the radar but he becomes a Living Prop with the odd line in the series.
- The Hyena: Laughs in practically in every appearance.
Season 2 guest characters:
The Circus Brothers:
Baisl and Cyril Circus, the villains of the third series who chased Blinky around the world so he could replace their act whom Blinky rescued from them.
The Circus Animals:
Slippery the Seal
Leo the Loin
Ling Ling the Panda
Yo Yo the Monkey
Penelop the French Poodle