open/close all folders
JadusableThe protagonist of the Haunted Cartridge Arc, Jadusable is the one who kicked everything off. After getting lured in by BEN, he ended up releasing him first onto his computer and then onto the Internet. Currently seems to have been taken over by BEN.
- Curiosity Killed the Cast: If Jadusable hadn't kept playing he wouldn't have gotten so deep into this. If he hadn't hooked up his N64 to his computer with a TV tuner and capture card, Ben wouldn't have leaked into his computer. Best of all, if he hadn't uploaded the videos to Youtube, Ben wouldn't have leaked onto the internet itself.
- Genre Blindness: "Oh, a random old man gave me a suspicious copy of Majora's Mask! I think I'll play it!"
- Idiot Hero: He refused to stop playing even though he knew something was wrong.
- It is implied something kept him playing, though.
- Madness Mantra: "FUCK YOU BEN I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU"
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Thanks to him (and the players) BEN is now on the Internet.
- Nightmare Sequence: He has a disturbing one in Arc 1.
- Talking Through Technique
- Through the Eyes of Madness
AlexAlso known as "The Link Missing". A member of the Moon Children cult's forums. He played the Song Of Time, returning the forums to the beginning of another cycle. This started a trend of people playing songs to affect aspects of the ARG, but this resulted in Alex's death. But he came back after a player revived him with a fairy.
- Back from the Dead: Thanks to the players.
- Name's the Same: Shares his name with the ARG's creator, Alex Hall. Also, [PROTOTYPE]'s protagonist Alex Mercer, who has some connection to the ARG through a video on Jadusable's account.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: The playing of the wrong songs eventually resulted in Alex's death.
- The Hero: Alex appears to be our version of Link.
Ryukaki/Kayd HendricksThe protagonist of the ARG's second arc. He moved into Ben's old house and it goes about as well as you'd expect. He gets phone calls playing the Song of Unhealing (Ben's Leitmotif) and he sees glowing eyes outside his window. Eventually ends up being killed off (or so we think) by BEN. He recently came back to answer questions on the official forums.Jadusable has declared that his arc was never canon, rather it was a gamejack born from Ryukaki's desire to help out, and Jadusable originally intended to let people believe it was canon until after the ARG was over, at which point he would have dropped the bomb. It seems that Ryukaki's Q&A thread somehow made him decide to drop the bomb early, but what it was that set him off is still unclear. It's possible that Jadusable had foreshadowed this in the Q&A prior to the official forums going up. "Ryukaki is canon, just to clarify - He is apart of the story - But not to the extent that a lot of people are assuming"
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You
- Idiot Ball: "The Orchard.wmv". "Maybe if I leave my cell phone with my bike and wander off into the brush away from the main road, Ben will stop following me."
- Killed Off for Real: It seems he was killed at the end of his sub-arc.
- Unreliable Narrator
Ifrit/Matt HubrisA moderator on the Moon Children cult's forums. He disappeared after Alex played the Song of Time and it's unknown where he is now.
- Shout-Out: The name on his Gmail account was written as "Matt HUBRIS", which could be a small and subtle shout-out to Everyman HYBRID.
RosaIfrit's sister. Might know what happened to the original Ben. Mysteriously vanished after hearing "it counting outside [her] door," presumed dead.
- Foreshadowing: A video on Jadusable's Youtube account (uploaded a year before the first arc) features an eerily-prescient conversation with her namesake, including the warning:Jad: Any advice at all? Something that's going to save my life?Rosa: Don't open it.
- Killed Off for Real: At a certain point during Arc 2, the tags on her youtube video changed to: YOU DIDN'T SAVE HER
- Name's the Same: Linked to a character of the same name from Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines.
- And I Must Scream: If he is a spirit.
- Big Bad: Or so we think.
- Contagious A.I.: If he isn't a spirit.
- Eldritch Abomination: If he's neither.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Until the end of Arc 1.
- Blind Seer: Kind of.
- Body Horror: WHO DO YOU THINK I AM?◊ Elephant Man. At least, that's what the picture used to represent him is called.
- Harmless Electrocution: Subverted - Kelbris was found electrocuted, though it's never stated what caused the death.
- Nightmare Face: If that's actually what's become of him.