Fridge: Ben Drowned
- king kong.wmv is hilarious on its own, but it gains Fridge Brilliance if you remember an incredibly small and insignificant detail from the very beginning of the story.
"His Nintendo 64 came with one yellow controller◊ and a rather shoddy copy of Super Smash Brothers"
- thetruth.rtf, on several different levels. For example, jadusable.wmv and thetruth.rtf were uploaded on the 12th and 17th respectively. thetruth.rtf tells you not to trust anything from him after 12:08 am on the 12th. Even worse, there's an easily missable comment about him living in a single room, meaning that the "roommate" who uploaded this final information doesn't exist, and that Jadusable is quite possibly dead.
- Also, in thetruth.rtf, the word "believe" is spelled three ways, beLieve, belIeve, and beliEve. What does that make? LIE. That might have been an attempt to warn us that the document isn't the truth.
- Downloading anything will let Ben invade your computer, but reading/watching is safe...Or is it? Three words: Temporary Internet Files. What's worse, nobody in the ARG seems to have realized this...unless they have and Ben's kept them from saying anything about it.
- You just told us about it. Are you alive,man?
- The worst part? Watch the Bloodlines video. See the specific part where Rosa says 'Don't open it.' Realize what you just did.
- Oh, and the official forums for the ARG? And the Wiki? And this very page? Yeah, Ben's in 'em too. And we're the ones detailing things like Jadusabre's Talking through Technique. He's going to be pissed off when he finds out that we've tried to play him for a fool. If he's not laughing it off while rewriting everything.
- Eh? But I've downloaded a few things and haven't had anything bad happen yet... Then again, I haven't seen/downloaded anything actually relating to the ARG itself yet, either....
- "You didn't have to do that. Really, you shouldn't have." And considering that to read that message you have to download a file, that's not being said in a grateful sense...
- Jadusable said not to trust anything, and that BEN would try to give you a false sense of security, in TheTruth.rtf, this can easily lead to the conclusion that everything out of character was actually BEN trying to placate us, and that the "game" will actually be BEN.
- Ben Drowned practically runs on this trope. The most obvious example would be that Oh, Crap moment when you realize that by watching the videos, you let him invade your computer. Nice Job Breaking It, Hero.