series based upon the Slender Man Mythos.
ML Andersen (also known as Andersen Journals) is the story of Michael Lukas Andersen, a young man plagued by some...rather nasty problems. His relationship with his brother certainly isn't the best. And Michael's life has been a series of stints in mental institutions due to some psychological issues and supposed frequent delusions. He makes a vlog for his psychiatrist to document his life and places the videos up on a YouTube account. A short while after starting the vlogs, Michael develops a new problem. Namely, the constant, unwanted presence of a tall man in a business suit with no face. Cue what Slendy does best.
The YouTube page can be found here
. After an eleven-month hiatus in 2013, the series resumed on February 5, 2014.
MLAndersen0 provides examples of:
- Axe Crazy: Patrick, as shown in Going Away Present
- Big Brother Instinct: Averted with Shaun, who is arguably just looking out for himself at first.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Michael, possibly.
- The Blank: The Slender Man, obviously.
- Break the Cutie: Poor Stormy....
- Cosmic Horror
- Crossover: The series joins the Slenderverse continuity puzzle in the three-part episode "BROTHERLY LOVE"/"HELLO"/"GOODBYE": Shaun receives an offer of help from Vincent, who directs him to HABIT's safe house...where he's drugged and wakes up in HABIT's killing room. HABIT claims claims that Michael/Patrick isn't human, hinting that he might be a being similar to himself. Oh, and he intends to use Shaun's body as bait to lure him in.
- Humanoid Abomination: Aside from Slendy himself, HABIT hints that Michael/Patrick might be one in disguise.
- Human Shield: According to HABIT, this is the real reason why Michael/Patrick surrounds himself with friends and family; he's using them as a "wall of meat" to protect himself from the Slender Man.
- Jekyll & Hyde: Michael as the Jekyll, Patrick as the Hyde.
- And as of "GOODBYE", it's starting to look like Patrick was his "real" personality all along.
- Killed Off for Real: Stormy, thanks to Michael/Patrick using her as a Human Shield against Slendy). Her lifeless body turns up in the trunk of the brothers' car, courtesy of HABIT.
- In "GOODBYE", Shaun is seemingly murdered by HABIT in an attempt to lure Michael/Patrick to his home base.
- Last Note Nightmare: "The Hand" is six minutes of Michael and Shaun jokingly exploring their crappy hotel room, and then traipsing about in the woods through the snow. Then the brothers return to their vehicle, and Shaun opens the trunk to put away the camera... revealing the arm of a human corpse.
- Mind Screw: A requirement, given the mythos, but "Video Journal #?? - Retrogression" stands out, especially since it's the only episode of the "crossover web" of Slender Man series to be released after four months. As to be expected, it only adds more questions than it answers.
- Nice Hat: Michael/Patrick has one in the video "Patrick".
- Psychic Nosebleed: Michael/Patrick has one in "Clearing My Head." Whether this is caused by the Michael persona fighting to regain control of his body or Slendersickness is unknown.
- Recycled Set: Sharp-eyed fans will recognize the house where Michael and Shaun live as the same one used for numerous settings in Everyman HYBRID. The cast members of the two series are actually housemates, and take turns using the house for filming purposes.
- Self-Harm: Patrick reveals that Michael has secretly been cutting himself since he returned home from the hospital. It's another reason why he takes decides to take control of their body.
- Shout-Out: Michael while in his Patrick persona frequently dresses in an outfit that just screams the 11th Doctor.
- In "So it Goes (2)", Michael and Shaun sing "Show Me the Way To Go Home", a song that the three protagonists in Jaws sing around the final act of the movie. Interestingly, both MLAndersen and Jaws also have their protagonist characters facing an abnormal threat (though an oversized killer shark is probably a preferable nemesis to Mr. Tall, Pale and Faceless).
- Significant Anagram: MLAndersen0...Slender Man0.
- Significant Background Event: Given that this is a Slender Man series, expect this to happen a few times.
- Slender Man Mythos: Yet another Alternate Reality Game in the mythos.
- Sleepwalking: "This is what happens when I sleep. I can't stop it. Shaun needs to lock the door."
- The Sociopath: Invoked by HABIT when describing Michael/Patrick's modus operandi. "I'd say he's a sociopath, but only humans can really be those...."
- Split Personality: Michael/Patrick.
- Split Personality Takeover: Patrick claims his intentions aren't malevolent; he was simply trying to put a stop to Michael's self-destructive behavior and keep "their" body alive.
- Troubled Child: Michael. He and Shaun apparently had numerous run-ins with the Slender Man as children. When he tried to tell their parents, Shaun denied it, causing Michael to be subjected to numerous rounds of psychotherapy — and, eventually, a lengthy stay in a psychiatric hospital.
- Unreliable Narrator: Michael has numerous psychological issues, and generally seems willing to hide the truth and manipulate others as long as it's in his best interests.
- Wham Episode: "Going Away Present".
- Yandere: Michael/Patrick plays somewhat of a platonic yandere to his brother, Shaun.
- Your Mind Makes It Real: Quite possibly what Michael is doing with the Slender Man.
- Word of God: Dylan and Austin show up on the Around the Campfire podcast to discuss the makings of ML Anderson 0 Found here