- Base-Breaking Character:
- Whether you find Montez and Bill to be hilarious or insufferable tends to vary from viewer to viewer.
- Karl tends to be a very divisive character, most likely due to his appearances usually happening in the non-office-centric episodes discussed in Broken Base below.
- Broken Base: The episodes that pull the show away from the main office setting are either loved or loathed. It mostly comes down to whether you believe the show's greatest strength is as a Work Com or as a more straightforward bro comedy parody.
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: For some of the audience, the fact that nothing good ever happens to the main trio, ever, can wear a little thin after a while.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Jillian was a fan favorite from the start, while Waymond started to gain attention later on.
- Harsher in Hindsight: In the third season episode "Good Mourning" coworker Homegirl unexpectedly dies. Towards the end of the episode Jillian tells Jet Set he's next. The actor who portrayed Jet Set died after the third season finished filming.
- Ho Yay: Constantly happens between the main three, to the point where you could argue that they're the closest thing the show has to an Official Couple. Perhaps the most iconic example would be the scene where they talk about giving each other blow jobs.
- Jerkass Woobie: The main three and Alice are all varying degrees of assholes, but you can't help but feel sorry for them.
- Nausea Fuel:
- The guys slaughtering hundreds of rats in bloody detail at the end of "Friendship Anniversary".
- The roadkill burrito in "Best Buds", which depicts a skunk carcass in graphic detail.
- One True Threesome: Adam, Blake and Ders, naturally.
- The Woobie: Jillian is one of the nicest characters on the show, but is a lonely Extreme Doormat with depressingly low self-esteem. Even the main three, who generally treat her well, take advantage of her for their own gain. You just want to give her a hug sometimes. That said, many episodes show that, pathetic though she may be, she is decidedly not helpless, and can be downright cruel when given any kind of power over others.
YMMV / Workaholics