- Awesome Music: The film has a very powerful, haunting score, especially during the monster attack scenes.
- Creepy Awesome: While opinions on the film itself are mixed, nearly everyone who's seen the film agrees that the monster itself is awesome, and its incredibly creative, unsettling design makes for a very memorable and disturbing monster.
- Harsher in Hindsight: The original tagline "They Should Have Gone to Vegas" was altered to "They Should Have Gone to Ibiza" in light of the October 1st 2017 Las Vegas shooting.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: So in addition to an eight-legged horse, a giantess/goddess half-woman, half-rotting corpse, a giant snake and a fire-breathing wolf, one of Loki's children is apparently a weird stag-chimera ... thing. He really was not kidding in The Mighty Thor when he said "I do what I want."
- Jerkass Woobie: Dom. He complained constantly and was a jerk to Luke, but his leg was getting gangrene and he freaked out over Hutchs death.
- So Okay, It's Average: The movie itself has garnered a really mixed reception, though it leans more towards the positive side, with both critics and audiences evenly split on its quality. Generally, praise is given to the film's score, atmosphere, acting and the design of the monster, but it is also frequently derided for being a bit of a Cliché Storm and bringing little new to the table in terms of being "another scary monster in the woods movie".
- The Woobie: Everyone but special mention goes to Luke, especially by the end of the film. Poor Luke.
YMMV / The Ritual