- Alternate Character Interpretation: Nate' behavior regarding his rape of Jules invites multiple interpretations:
- He knows he is a rapist and he uses lies and gaslighting to keep Jules from revealing his depravity to Kennedy.
- He truly does not understand the difference between consensual sex and what he did to Jules. He honestly believes they just hooked up.
- He has convinced himself after the fact that his encounter with Jules was consensual.
- Moral Event Horizon: Nate Griffin crossed this when he raped Julies at a party. The season finale reveals that he crossed this years earlier when he raped Shelby in his high school years.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: The show can be extremely blunt during in-show discussions about consent, the value of counselling and rape crisis services, the failures of authorities in many cases, etc. - this is emphatically not a bad thing, given how poor general understanding of these issues is.
YMMV / Sweet/Vicious