- Ear Worm: "True Survivor" by David Hasselhoff, the official theme song of the movie.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Triceracop is shaping up to be this, according to this interview.
- Fake American: The guy on the cell phone being the most obvious example.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- It's pretty interesting how two films came out within a short amount of time that both feature a character berating another character played by Björn Gustafsson to the point of crying minutes before his death.
- After the announcement of Horizon Zero Dawn and its Mechanical Monsters, a bunch of image macros started being posted of the "That explains the laser raptors" quote and tagged to Horizon: Zero Dawn.
- "Holy Shit!" Quotient: The first minutes are composed of a police car being thrown into an air by skateboards and being blown up, and then a fight with a Nazi Arcade Machine. And it only snowballs from there.
- Memetic Mutation: Hackerman's intro is used to parody the success of certain mundane technical tasks, such as resetting a broadband router by turning it off and turning it back on again.
- Narm Charm: You'd think at a certain point that all of the stock parodies of 80's action flicks and over-the-top goofiness would get old. It never does.
- So Bad, It's Good: Deliberately invoked. The entire thing is a throwback to 1980s action movie cliches, all of them turned Up to Eleven.
- Even the theme song gets in on this; "True Survivor" is nothing but Eighties-style lyrical cliches one after another, bordering on Word Salad Lyrics.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: The BGM playing when Thor is summoned is reminiscent of Terminator.
- It's not by coincidence either the song is actually called "TerminaThor".
- The Problem with Licensed Games: The tie-in game isn't bad, per se, but it's basically a lesser rip-off of One Finger Death Punch. Of course, it's also cheaper than One Finger Death Punch, so, literally...
- They Copied It, So It Sucks!: Some people noticed a strong resemblance with season 2 of Danger5 (as well as at least one gag being virtually identical to one◊ from the Danger 5 pilot.)
YMMV / Kung Fury