- Awesome Music: The credits; it's absolutely beautiful.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Much like Nugget in the first game, a lot of people have latched onto the Huxley twins, especially Ted.
- Heartwarming Moments: Has its own page.
- Jerkass Woobie:
- Buggs can be seen this, he was a bully in the last game, being able to kill you with his fists. Though he seems to be miserable at the new school due to losing his knife to Penny, and having study hall instead of recess, which as he says, takes away his freedom.
- Margaret is mentally unstable to say the least and will murder children for entering the school early, among other things, but the reason the principal let her work with the school was because she couldn't find any other job.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character:
- Ozzy. His personality is pretty well-defined; he's a sarcastic, twitchy kid with a filthy temper, distaste towards the new kids, and obsessive-compulsive tendencies, but his character isn't really given much focus. In the only route in which he plays a major role, The Hitman's Potty Guard, your goal is to kill him.
- Tear Jerker: Watching Penny die because her mother, the principal, says that she is no longer useful to her. It gets even more tearjerking if you speak to her after using her laser and she responds that she gets to go out on her terms.
- The Woobie:
- Ted. His twin brother constantly belittles him and treats him like a servant and his father is stated by both of them to favour Felix over him. It's so bad that he's even willing to commit murder without even knowing why just to win their approval. Worst of all is in Felix's route, where he ends his days covered in spiders and Buried Alive, and the last time we see him he's screaming and begging Felix to stop. And if you show him proof that Felix is planning to kill him, his first reaction is tearful disbelief and he reveals that despite everything, he still honestly believes that Felix loves him, and "just has a weird way of showing it".
- Penny. She was once mauled by one of her mother's mutants, which led to her mother having her rebuilt as a Cyborg and using her as a pawn against the other students by controlling her via remote control. Penny has no idea about any of this, just knowing that she gets "blackouts" sometimes. In Creature Feature, the stress caused by the player repeatedly using the remote on her drives her to an emotional breakdown. Later in the mission, her mother kills her the moment she realises that Penny is no longer useful to her, and considering her mother's later demise, she will probably stay dead unless someone else has her fixed again. To top it all off, it isn't a quick and painless death either; she's still conscious enough to talk to the player afterwards.
YMMV / Kindergarten 2