- Ensemble Dark Horse: This show itself is regarded as one to the HB Shared Universe. As a lot of people alive during its run regard it higher but because it wasn't retained not many younger have ever actually seen the whole thing. Whether later fans will agree will hopefully one day be answered.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: A female genie dressed as a belly dancer who's signature move is cracking her ponytail like a whip. Are you sure we're not talking about Shantae?
- Ms. Fanservice: Seriously, have you looked at Jeannie?
- Older Than They Think: Mark Hamill made his voice acting debut here when he was in his early 20s. However, considering the show's obscurity, most people think he started in the late 1980s/early 1990s.
- The Scrappy: Babu is held by some as the annoying character of the group.
- Shipping: This one has a bit more than subtext in that Jeannie is deliberately jealous of Corey having any girl's attention. Corey and Jeannie would be the most shipped pairing from this show. While if anything for Henry or Babu would be a Crossover ship with another Hanna-Barbera series.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Now that Jeannie was animated, we could have got more adventures than the original show. Instead, most of the episodes are practically remakes of the original show.
YMMV / Jeannie