- Cult Classic: Considered one of the funniest Disney Channel shows of all time, got terrific reviews...and then was abruptly canceled after one season.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Twinkle the Marvel Horse. It helps that his voice is based on Christopher Walken.
- Heartwarming Moments: Pretty much any time that Dave casts aside his fears to protect his sisters, proving that while he may be a lousy barbarian, he's a great brother.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Humor Dissonance: Used in-story by Ned Frischman. The people of the past have never heard his incredibly lame futuristic "why did the chicken cross the road"-class jokes and therefore considers him to be the funniest man in existence.
- Superlative Dubbing: The LaTAM dub is considered superior to the original dub with Ariel Cister giving Dave a more energetic yet effeminate performance, Pablo Gandolfo being a hammy, fast-talking Chuckles and Ricardo Lani as the narrator who hams it up Up to Eleven as if were an Epic tale.
YMMV / Dave the Barbarian