- Keep Circulating the Tapes: In addition to being trapped in cancellation/hiatus limbo, the show has NEVER been released to DVD. Your best bet of seeing this show is Youtube, they got every single episode. In fact the only merchandise the show ever got was some McDonald's toys.
- Playing Against Type: The kind and good-hearted Dave was voiced by Danny Cooksey, who's better known for voicing jerkass and juvenile delinquent characters.
- Real-Life Relative: Princess Irmoplotz and Queen Zonthara are voiced by Melissa Rivers and Joan Rivers, respectively.
- Screwed by the Network: The show was one of Disney's most popular cartoons at the time, and had great ratings, and critics loved it. And yet without explanation they ... well, they didn't quite cancel it, but simply decided not to make any new episodes and dropped all mention of the show off of their website. Thirteen years later and apparently they still haven't announced whether they have officially cancelled it or not, but it's safe to say they did.
- Talking to Himself: King Throktar and Queen Glimia are voiced by the same people who voice Uncle Oswidge and Princess Candy, respectively.
- The Wiki Rule: The Dave the Barbarian Wiki.
Trivia / Dave the Barbarian