Weird Super Smash Brothers Fanfictions (or just Weird SSB Fanfics) is a blog that reviews, well, weird fanfics in the Super Smash Bros. series. The website looks normal on the outside, but the mod has one special rule; the mod (Mage, aka Mod Mew from Terrible Vocaloid Shit) uses images of Chiaki Nanami, a character in Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair. The definition of weird the mod has is "odd pairings, crack fics, weird plots, as well as badfics". However, it does mostly focus on badfics.
The mod added two new characters: Sonia Nevermind from SDR2, and Kyouko Kirigiri from the first Danganronpa game. The blog is known for reading Supper Smash Bros: Mishonh From God, or "Despair Smash".
Please do not put any character tropes for the real characters under this page. This is just tropes for this website's version of them.
Weird SSB Fanfics provides examples of:
- And Now For Something Completely Different: The mod actually did a fanfic reading in her Mod Mew persona, from Terrible Vocaloid Shit.
- There's also Muse Switch (Where she reads as either Sonia or Kirigiri) and Double Muse (Where she reads as both Nanami and Sonia).
- Artifact Title: Well, more like Artifact Sub-Title. The subtitle on the blog says "All with the Super High School Level Gamer." Now that both the Super High School Level Princess and the Super High School Level ??? /Detective have joined, the subtitle became this trope.
- Atomic F-Bomb : At the end of the second chapter of Supper Smash Bros: Mishonh From God, she got so mad, that she bolded and italizied her message to the author. What was the message? "FUCK YOU!"
- Catchphrase: "You got that wrong!" for basically everyone. Bolded, italizied, and with their own special sprite.
- Comically Missing the Point: During one reading, a character noted that he saw an arrow fly by, but didn't know who it belonged to. Nanami then went into a six paragraph analysis about who the arrow belonged to.
- Deadpan Snarker: All three of them have a crack at it.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": In Chapter 28's reading, Nanami calls Mage her real name, Casey. Mage nearly breaks, showing that Casey is not what she wants to be called.
- Early Installment Weirdness: There used to be only Nanami, and she was known as "Mod Nanami."
- Flat "What": During the reading of a crossover fic of Alien vs. Predator and SSB, near the end, the announcer came out to tell everyone Master Hand was coming to kill them. Cue Nanami's only reaction: "What."
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Mage.
- Heroic BSoD: Nanami occasionaly has these. An error message even pops up!*Nanami.exe has stopped working*
- Kirigiri nearly had one, after reading that Becky raped the clone of Sara to make her evil. All she could repeat was "Oh my god." Mage actually had to make sure she was okay.
- Sonia had a breif one when she read that Link had super glued his ass shut.
- Even Mage almost had one, when Nanami yelled out Mage's real name, Casey, to prevent her from using the 'c' word.
- Precision F-Strike: In the third and final chapter of an Alien vs. Predator crossover when the author said Snake and Sonic were the only ones to find Tabuu, she lost it, saying "Im sorry, did you get the Spark Notes for the Subspace Emissary? Did you even play the fucking game?!"
No words in the human language can express my hatred for you right now, except for maybe two: fuck you.
- This was Lampshaded by her in her reading of Mishonh From God, where she dropped the second 'F'-bomb.
- Kirigiri also had one:
- Shout-Out: All three of the muses and Mage constantly do shout outs towards Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and the sequel.
- Shown Their Work: The three girls do quite a bit of research before they say anything or call out an author's bullshit.
- Vomit Discretion Shot: Nanami got sick twice during the re-read of "Sonic's secret."
- Yaoi Fangirl: Nanami casually mentioned that she was one in her first review. We also know Mage is one.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Both Nanami and Kirigiri.