XRS is a science fiction webcomic that was created by Rom Jean. The comic follows American air force captain Allen grey as he tests a new prototype combat suit known as the XRS (Experimental Radio Suit). As a test pilot it is up to Grey to test the limits and capabilities of this top secret new weapon in a series of missions. Grey soon realizes that the longer he is in the suit the less he really knows about it's full capabilities and ultimate purpose. What he doesn't realize is that his quest for answers would unleash the greatest turmoil the earth has ever known.
Currently XRS is on hiatus.
XRS contains examples of:
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: When confronted face to face with the overwhelming power of the XRS Viktor Nabokov drops to his knees and begs for his mommy.
- Ball of Light Transformation: When flying at speeds above mach 3 the XRS is engulfed in radiation, becoming a being made of pure energy. When in this form The suit is virtually invulnerable to any physical attack and capable of destroying any man made object on impact. In this form the suit can reach tested speeds of at least Mach 30 or 22,836 miles per hour.
- Barrier Warrior: In the XRSprologue, Grey survives a hard landing from supersonic flight, several missile impacts, a fall from a thousand feet in the air, large caliber heavy machine gun rounds all due to the protection from the electro magnetic barriers.
- Cool Helmet: The suit features a unique helmet design.
- Deflector Shields: The XRS can emit impenetrable force fields of varying size and intensity.
- Gender Is No Object: Captain Charlize Barrett defeated 28 other highly qualified male soldiers in the competition to be the XRS, only losing to Grey. She serves as the alternate test pilot should Grey no longer be capable of piloting the suit.
- Glass Cannon: Despite it's vaunted capabilities, the XRS is extremely vulnerable whens it's energy shields are down.
- Hand Blast: The suit allows the wearer to fire extremely destructive energy beams of pure radiation from his palms. These beams can vary in intensity and size.It can also do a similar attack with bolts of electricity which have a bit less damaging effect.
- High-Speed Missile Dodge: In the prologue, Allen Grey narrowly avoids an Russian SAM (surface to air missile)while wearing the XRS. However, because SA Ms are designed to not actually hit the target, but instead explode in close proximity to it, he is hit by the resulting shock-wave of the explosion.
- Magnetism Manipulation: Manipulation of electromagnetic energy is the cornerstone of the XRS capabilities.
- Mega-Corp: "Senter Space" the company behind the XRS is the largest defense contractor in the world.
- Powered Armor: Though not meant to be worn as armor the XRS's thermoplastic heat resistant skin is also strong enough to defeat small caliber fire arms.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Although much of it's capabilties are unknown/untested what is clear is that in the right (or wrong) hands the XRS is capable of causing tremendous damage to any person,object, or environment it is targeting.
- Secret Weapon: The XRS is a top secret "black project". It is unclear how many people outside of the actual program are aware of it's existence.
- Shock and Awe: When manipulating electromagnetic radiation the XRS releases massive electrical discharges. These discharges can be focused and fired by wearer at a chosen target.