Gluuduu: Then what do you do instead?
Protagonist: We buy the women drinks and tell them they look pretty.
Gluuduu: How strange.
- Beast Man: Some crew on the Petrevolts ship, such as commander Harp and agent Rum, are this. The protagonist passes up a chance at romance with agent Shim because he thinks she might be a biologically incompatible alien.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: For starters, Dunkirk can easily remove his body parts and insert new ones.
- Earpiece Conversation: Party guests are forbidden to carry electronics, so to communicate, the protagonist hides inside the aliens ear and dispenses advice from there. This is possible because the alien species is much larger than humans are.
- Gender Bender: Datimas are born female, but can become male if they are successful.
- Mistaken for Special Guest: Some aliens at the presidents party are expecting a translator for a diplomat, and an interior decorator. The same guest must pose as both at different times as an excuse for being in the presidents bedroom.
- Playing Cyrano: The protagonist and Athena need to use reference books to advise an alien on proper etiquette for each situation she encounters, so she can convince the guards that she is high-class enough to be admitted to the inner hall of the presidents party.
- Polyamory: Datima males have more than one wife.
- Playing Cyrano: The protagonist must look up proper etiquette of an alien species and quickly tell it to a member of that species so she can convince the guards she is high-class enough to be admitted to the inner hall of the presidents party.
- Spiritual Successor: This is a spiritual successor to Hitmen for Destiny, by the same author.
- The Symbiote: One of the alien spies has this, the real body is just a oval. Rest of the parts such as hands, eyes, etc were parasites but later adopted to mutual status.