- The Commander Porkys soldier of unimaginable power and unfathomable apathy. But as each moment draws the world to its inevitable conclusion, so do they draw the Commander toward his. And whether or not its fate or coincidence, the decision always remains: the choice between tragedy and rebirth, the choice between sunflower and blade
A P.O.V. Sequel to MOTHER 3, seen from the point of view of The Commander—a brainwashed Claus implanted with cybernetics—showing he isn't quite the soulless killing machine seen in the game. With good writing and art, this comic shows a bit of what might have been going on that the Mother 3 heroes didn't notice, exploring what happens when The Commander is off-screen as well as in-game events.
This series contains examples of:
- Arm Cannon: The Commander's lower right arm.
- Become a Real Boy: Seems to be happening to The Commander because of a combination of things: the discovery of the sunflower, simply being alive for the two years of the time skip, and his encounter with the Egg of Light. Pulling the first Needle seemed to jolt his memories a bit, too.
- Chekhov's Gun: The Egg of Light.
- Egg McGuffin.
- Evil Tower of Ominousness: The Empire Porky Building and Thunder Tower.
- Faceless Goons: The pigmasks. In fact, they actually sweat through their masks.
- Just a Machine: Porky's opinion of his Commander:Porky: It's just a robot - my robot!
- Laser Blade: The Commander's electric blade.
- P.O.V. Sequel: To Mother 3.
- Rule of Symbolism: The titular sunflower, which Dr. Andonuts is more than happy to point out for you.
- The Stoic: The Commander
- Time Skip: Two years between chapters two and three.