It follows an excitable girl named Fi as she drags her recently arrived cousin, Ben, around the town of Little Bootle in search of supernatural adventure. To Ben's shock and Fi's glee, they quickly stumble into a series of dangerous situations - but what is causing this sudden paranormal activity?
Storywisher provides examples of:
- Agent Mulder: Fi is a strong believer in all things magic and seeks it actively.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Fi can be pretty eccentric and has a wild imagination, which she enjoys inflicting on other people (her cousin in particular).
- Fi: I wonder what this DARK and TERRIFYING forest has in store for us!
- Cryptid Episode: In Chapter 3 the gang decide to hunt down the so called 'Beast of Little Bootle' after seeing a newspaper article about it
- Don't Go in the Woods: Fi literally goes to the woods because of this trope - she knows strange stuff goes on there and she's always chasing it.
- Eldritch Location: That cabin the kids find in the woods is rather mysterious...
- Fantasy Sequence: There's an example of this on the very first page, with Fi being chased by a giant green monster that turns out to be a cuddly toy in real life.
- Free-Range Children: Apparently Fi's mother deems it acceptable to allow her daughter and nephew to wander alone through the woods.
- Friendly Ghost: The ghost they meet in the church seems that way...until Fi steals his golden cup. He doesn't like that very much.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Platonically with Ben and Fi.
- The Quiet One: While Fi will announce whatever is currently on her mind, Ben keeps much more to himself.
- Weirdness Magnet: Fi is one. Although it's not like she tries to avoid it.