Neon Ice Cream Headache is a comic by Andrew Hussie. It involves a man named Jose who is force-fed the eponymous Neon Ice Cream, a drug which causes its user to be zapped into a TV show. However, being trapped in a crappy Western show turns out to only be the beginning of Jose's troubles...
It is archived here.
This comic contains the following tropes:
- Ate His Gun: Jose almost does this, but changes his mind at the last minute when he sees a TV that will let him leave the TV world.
- Blood Sport: When Jose comes out of the TV world, since there are several televisions tuned to his body's frequency, several clones of him come out of the TVs, which are forced to fight to the death.
- Deconstructed: As soon as all of him comes out of the tv, he turns the weapons on the crowd instead of himself.
- Fantastic Drug: The Neon Ice Cream, which zaps its user into the TV world.
- Hand Wave: The explanation given on how Neon Ice Cream works feels like one: "It aligns your nervous system with a certain electro-magnetic frequency".
- Gladiator Revolt: It happens.
- Killing Your Alternate Self: Subverted. It's the intent of the Blood Sport, but Jose is having none of it.
- Trapped in TV Land: The effect of the Neon Ice Cream. However, what's more interesting among the drug's fans is not what happens while you're inside the TV, but rather what happens when you exit it, as having several TVs tuned to the frequency of your body causes one copy of you to come out of each TV.
- Me's a Crowd: Exploited for blood sport.
- Unusual Euphemism: Jose's "friends" are using some weird druggie lingo at the start, such as "Raking the leaves off the neighbor's lawn", "Sipping ice tea from a Chinese slipper", "Waking up with Winston Churchill", and "Crushing a tiny porcelain poodle with your bare hands".