Little Tales is a Slice of Life Gag Per Day webcomic that features thoughts and experiences of the artist and writer, Genesis Eve Whitmore (that really is her birth name), her husband, their pet cats named Feep (now deceased) Joy, and Mugsy, and a cage of rats. But she and her husband are drawn as furries, an arctic fox and a gray wolf, specifically.
The artist also does Livestreams every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 8:00 PM Eastern of art. Note that she does not suffer trolls, and will permaban you if you act like a peenwhack.
A side story, a remake of G. K. Chesterton's original The Man Who Was Thursday, was being done every Wednesday, but remains on hiatus. Gen also writes for another webcomic, Isla Aukate (drawn by Foxenawolf).
Little Tales provides examples of:
- Art Evolution: Compare this drawing of Gen to this one, 800 pages later.
- B-Side Comics: Gen was doing a furry rendition of The Man Who Was Thursday.
- The Bully: The typical physiques are inverted, by pet rats.
- Cats Are Mean: Feep seemed to be the devil incarnate.
- Christianity Is Catholic: Averted, they're Anglican, but some people have been confused as to how Uriel can be a minister and married.
- Played straight now that their church has unified with the Catholic church.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Gen herself.
- Fridge Logic: Gen gets an in-comic example: "My socks cost more than my shoes!"
- Furry Fandom: She herself identifies as a furry, but she doesn't draw porn. She says "I like to draw kitties."
- HeelFace Turn: Played with, here.
- Meaningful Name:
- Gen will usually let the actions of her pets inspire what the animal's name is.
- All of her pet rats are named after Final Fantasy characters.
- Most Fanfic Writers Are Girls: acknowledged
- My Friends and Zoidberg!: A Best for Last inversion.
- Nail 'Em: She argues this with her husband upon seeing an Alan Wake's American Nightmare poster.
- Princess Classic: Deconstructed and mocked.
- Revenge: Gen gets some payback.
- Stealth Pun: Vixentoria's secret
- The Internet Is for Porn: Her boss certainly thinks so.
- An earlier strip shows her accidentally finding porn, and then making a game out of seeing what other innocuous words link to naughty pictures.
- There Are No Girls on the Internet: An obvious troll wanted Gen to prove she was a girl (most likely by flashing the camera). Instead, she started talking about her experiences with her menstruation cycle. Also doubles as Be Careful What You Wish For.
- Third Time's the Charm: Gen's attempts at dating.
- Tsundere: Type B, Gen.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Gen has a phobia of crock pots.