Kuro Shouri is a fantasy action webcomic that two aging weebs created as an homage to the vast amount of 90's anime they binge-watched as teenagers. With an ongoing story that has lasted for fifteen years, the authors will probably die before it finally ends. They have accepted their fate.
The story follows the adventures of two high school students from Japan. Hisaki is quiet, distant, and possibly keeping secrets from everyone, while Yasha is loud, violent, and in serious need of anger management. As they try to deal with each other, they soon find that creatures are after them for something they know nothing about: a demon supposedly hiding within one of them.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Badass Normal: Hisaki has no powers or enhancements. He's just a man with a katana and a dream. And that dream is to cut people with a katana.
- Big Bad: The ever-looming presence. You don't want to mess with him.
- Damselin Distress: Gotta love a classic. Or you don't, if you are Yasha.
- Demonic Possession: Who knows what lurks in the hearts of men? Or teenagers, as the case may be.
- Feel No Pain: Not as cool as it sounds, as one of our heroes can attest too.
- Five-Man Band: Hisaki, Yasha, Kakon, and Kijo are a group of powerful young people with a variety of skills that they use to overcome obstacles. Usually with the power of friendship. And violence.
- Katanas Are Just Better: There are a multitude of the curved blades. And they can totally cut through like, tanks, man.
- Martial Artsand Crafts: Wrestling, Karate, Jeet Kun Do, and all manner of fisticuffs.
- Mysterious Stranger: Beware the man with a fine hat and an abundance of skulls.
- Necromancer: Known to wear dapper hats.
- Ninja: No Japanese adventure is complete without them.
- One-Man Army: Kijo will mess you up, and everyone that you brought with you.
- Pointy Ears: How else do you tell demons apart from humans?
- Revenge: I think everyone wants vengeance against somebody?
- Sweat Drop: It's a manga. This was inevitable.
- The Power of Friendship: Yasha and Hisaki constantly push themselves above and beyond in order to save each other.
- Tomboy: YASHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
- Trappedin Another World: Their journey takes them far and wide.
- Vampire Episode: Because everyone has to have one. Beware subways, and abandoned buildings.
- Weirdness Magnet: They are just supposed to be high schoolers, man. But weird stuff keeps finding them!
- You Killed My Father: Every swordsman needs to have a tragic past. Don't ask him his name though...