In the years that followed the ending of iCarly, Gibby's actor ventured through a number of different projects like a failed spinoff for his character, several appearances in a couple of shows and movies such as a recurring character in The Goldbergs and a brief stint as a DJ. Not completely satisfied, wishing to distance himself from his image as Gibby and also wishing to something that represents him, an idea sprung forth in the middle of 2016.
And thus, the nightmare known as Sadworld was born.
Sadworld is the brainchild of actor Noah Munck, best known for playing Gibby Gibson on iCarly. Started in October 2016, it is a very surreal YouTube channel focused on comedic shorts and a metric fuckton of Sensory Abuse that it prides itself on in a strange form of self-expression by Munck. Noah's brother Elijah, who also played Gibby's brother Guppy, makes appearances in many of the videos alongside his older brother.
Sadworld includes examples of:
- "Awesome McCool" Name: Many of Noah's characters tend to have odd, but spectacular names. Machete Stallion is probably the most awesome of them all.
- Black Comedy: Death threats and people dying in strange ways are common occurances in the videos.
- Butt-Monkey: Elijah's characters are often the subject of abuse, verbal and/or physical.
- Creepy Doll: Subverted with Doif - he looks fucking ugly, but Elijah's character is certainly enthusiastic about the prospect of winning him.
- Crapsack World: It seems that character in the Sadworld verse is either hopelessly depressed or dead.
- Eldritch Abomination: Recurring character Gorg, the flesh king. He appears as a grotesquely pixelated head connected to two arms.
- Large Ham: Even in this World of Ham, the screaming of Noah's characters stands out like black and white.
- Minimalist Cast: Noah and Elijah are the only actors in all but several videos, and the number of actors throughout the whole series is less than a dozen.
- Sensory Abuse: Sadworld is likely a contender for being the godfather of this trope. Every video is filled with as much loud and discerning noises as Noah can fit into them, plagued by a psychedelic clusterfuck of vivid RGB colors in almost every frame and piss poor special effects.
- Sink-or-Swim Mentor: Chive Pepperwink was a literal example until the FBI had his swim school shut down for letting too many kids die trying to swim.
- Stylistic Suck: Noah tries his hardest to make the cinematography (and to a lesser extent the acting) in almost every Sadworld video as godawful as humanly possible before filling it to the brim with nightmarish saturation, aural agony and subpar green-screening and special effects.
- Suck E. Cheese's: A man recaps his 21st birthday in the first skit of "Fantasies" in which his grandmother forced him into going to a children's pizzeria, force fed him pizza and then describing his futile attempt to tuck his gut back into his shirt when a hot waitress is bringing him cake.
- Widget Series
- World of Ham: It is far easier to count the number of subdued characters than it is to count the number of loud and bombastic ones.