One third of the world's population is implanted with a nanocomputer which connects users to the internet 24/7. When a virus infects the network, the world ends.
Using Anachronic Order and many different points of view, the web series follows both the events after the world ends, and the seven years leading up to it. With excellent timing, a large budget, and compelling characters the show is extremely well done.
Produced by Bryan Singer, and created by John Cabrera and Cosimo De Tommaso series one was comprised of 48 episodes released two at a time every week.
This show provides examples of:
- The Atoner: Kenneth seems to be trying to do this for creating H+.
- After the End: The cities are still burning a week after the virus.
- Augmented Reality: The entire premise of the show.
- Bilingual Bonus: Loads. In other episodes, you can hear Italian where they discuss how Africa is going to take over the other continents. If you can speak Finnish, you know what Manta is saying to Topi in Ep 38.
- The Endofthe World As We Know It: The moment the virus infects people, the world changes forever.
- In Love with the Mark: Topi starts out going after Manta as a police officer. Then... well things change.
- Nanomachines: Get connected to the internet 24/7 via a saline solution injection with nanotechnology.
- Post-Cyberpunk: The web series setting is implied to be this before the virus kills a large chunk of the human population.
- Triang Relations: Type 10 between Leena and Conall. Made awkward by the fact that she's carrying Conall and Breanna's baby.
- Transhuman: One of the issues that the web series looks at.
- 20 Minutes into the Future: Dates are unknown exactly, but certainly it's not that far in the future.
- We Can Rebuild Him: Sort of. With Jason.
- Your Cheating Heart: Conall and Breanna Sheehan's relationship.