Star, the main host, had established a competition show in which original competitors and contestants from other object shows and franchises compete to win contests and avoid elimination.
The first episode of the series is "Gooey Eats Burger", about Gooey eating Burger, although the episode does not have a contest taking place.
The Object Show provides examples of:
- A Dog Named "Dog": Many of the characters are named after their object. For example, AJ is apple juice, Doodle Board is a doodle board, and Shovel is a shovel. However, among the cast, there is Gooey, whose species has been left ambiguous.
- Animate Body Parts: Ear is an ear.
- Animate Inanimate Object: As this is an object show, a whole cast of anthropomorphic objects are to be expected.
- Anthropomorphic Food: AJ, Apple, Burger, and M&M are food contestants who are portrayed as anthropomorphic.
- Armless Biped: There are some characters in this show who do not have arms, including Nickel, Puffball, Rubber, and M&M.
- Big Bad: Gooey is the closest to a villain in this show. She is the most prominent character in the show, she ate Burger, she turned everyone into Greeny, and she escaped the Cardboard Box of Losers, where all the eliminated contestants are sent. However, any evil she does backfires, as Star fixes up anything she does.
- Cartoon Creature: It is ambiguous on what species Gooey is. Though, she could be either Goo or Snot.
- Eject the Loser: Anyone who is eliminated is teleported to the Cardboard Box of Losers, the elimination chamber in this series.
- Evil Counterpart: DarkBoard is the evil version of Doodle Board, and he is willing to steal the immunity coins and cancel the show.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin:
- The show is called The Object Show, as it is an object show.
- The episode "Gooey Eats Burger" involves the antagonistic Gooey eating Burger.
- Guest Fighter: Puffball from Battle for Dream Island, Nickel from Inanimate Insanity, Maxwell and Lily from Scribblenauts, and Qoo, the mascot of a Japanese drink company, are contestants competing in the show.
- Short-Runners: Had seven episodes before it was cancelled.
- Staring Contest: The challenge in episode 5 is a staring contest, and whoever blinks is out of the challenge.
- Synthetic Voice Actor: As expected with GoAnimate, a majority of characters in the show are voiced by Text-To-Speech. Eventually subverted in Episode 7 Part 1, where the characters were voiced by the creator Kaie Goodman.
- You Are Grounded!: Averted. The first episode Gooey Eats Burger has many similarities with GoAnimate grounded videos, as Gooey misbehaves and Star punishes her, with similar dialog as to that of a grounded video. However, Gooey is not grounded, but rather is eliminated. In the revised description of the first video, Kaie Goodman said that the first episode wasnt intended to be the first episode, and it was originally intended to be just a grounded-esque video.