MILK DUST is an animation by Youtube and Newgrounds animator DeadlyComics. In it, a dinosaur working her shift at a mug shop tells her manager (who is an anthropomorphic cat with a Thousand-Yard Stare, by the way) that shes going on lunch break. Just as she sets off, she suddenly ends up in her managers car, and he gives her a bird. And then it begins.
You can watch it here.
- Aspect Ratio Switch: Most of the cartoon is presented as if it's from a 4:3 ratio VHS recording, but it switches to 16:9 towards the end.
- All There in the Manual: Scouring the creators social media reveals that the cat, dinosaur and birds names are Gluestick, Sibbie and Imhotep respectively. note The names are listed in the end credits, but no indication on who is what.
- Awesome McCoolname: The bird. Its name is Imhotep, for crying out loud.
- Celebrity Endorsement: It looks like at some point, the dinosaur became an advertising mascot, but doesn't look happy at all.
- Deranged Animation: Like you wouldnt believe. The entire thing feels like some sort of Lost Episode that was only just found, and was likely lost for a good reason.
- Retraux: Most of the short is presented as if it was recorded from a VHS tape, complete with 4:3 aspect ratio. It isn't until near the end that it switches to 16:9 HD.
- The Speechless: The short's creator is credited for voicing Imhotep, even though it doesn't have any lines at all. Word of God says they were the voice in your head while "you were watching the thing."