- That could work, but you're overexplaining. Humans just exist in the Disney Comics Universe, as one of many sapient species, no different from anthropomorphic ducks and dogs. Note that Donald & Co. don't seem surprised by Xandra's physical appearance.
It appears that this show and DuckTales (2017) were in production near concurrently and Disney had a similar policy in effect. Scrooge only makes one brief cameo, the nephews don't appear at all and aren't even mentioned and any comic character that DuckTales has staked a firm claim to (Gladstone, Gyro, etc.) is likewise MIA.
It even appears to cut both ways. Jose and Panchito were barred from appearing in DuckTales until the second season, and Daisy is only now going to join the cast in the third.
- You Pot Hole to DuckTales 2017 but this could also be true of the classic universe.
- The focus will shift to José and Panchito, as Donald clearly has all his issues worked out. We may even see characters from comics they've starred in, such as Maria Vaz/Rosinha and/or Clara Cluck.
- The Director did say on Twitter that if a Season 2 gets greenlit, it will focus on Jose.
- He was picked to be the ruler of the Underworld since he was orderly and strict, he forcibly gave the different Sheldgooses jobs so as to keep an eye on them and prevent them from any sort of escape. He may have also made the Baron a manager so as to test the new Three Caballeros (he seems to be on top on what's going on in his Underworld).
- Not a bad idea assuming Heaven does exist (since All Myths Are True in the Duck universe as repeatedly stressed by this show, who knows, really). However, we never do learn quite what happened to the original Three Caballeros after Xandra's Book was closed we're left to assume they died but it's never confirmed. I have an inkling this was a Sequel Hook for Season 2 and we would eventually have met Don De Pato, Caballero Carioca and Caballero Gonzalez.