The Expression Amrilato (in Japanese, Kotonoha Amrilato) is an educational Yuri Isekai Visual Novel about a Japanese high school girl named Rin who finds herself in a world where the sky is always pink, and everyone speaks a strange language called Juliamo, which is a slightly dressed up version of Esperanto. Helping her adjust to this new world are Ruka, a girl who speaks a little Japanese and who Rin thinks looks like an idol, and Rei, a librarian and member of the Vizitanto Administration that deals with integrating new arrivals into the world.
Tropes in The Expression Amrilato
- Alien Sky: The sky in the new world is always pink even at night. When it begins to change colors, that means that the gate between worlds is about to open.
- Esperanto, the Universal Language: The language spoken in the alternate world.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Rin is more sporty, while Ruka tends to dress more femininely.
- Multiple Endings: There are three endings: good, bad, and bittersweet.
- Trapped in Another World: Rin finds herself trapped in the world where everyone speaks Juliamo, and a good part of the game has her trying to adjust to her new surroundings. It's later revealed that Ruka and Rei were also originally from another world, and that such occurrences happen often enough that people like them are referred to as "Visitors" by the natives.