Congratulations! After weeks of being down on your luck in the big city, you've found your calling: farming! A real estate agency is selling a beautiful farm property down south, and you have just enough in your savings to buy it outright! Risking it all, you decide to leave the city tonight so you can start your farming dreams tomorrow!
Except you almost immediately get caught in a storm, total your car, and are now stuck in a town with some of the strangest people you've ever met. Even worse, that farm you bought? Yeah, it's completely infested with weeds and hasn't been lived on in years. Even worse, according to the townspeople, it wasn't even for sale! You now find yourself in a seemingly hostile town where one mystery seems to just stack on another... Only one thing's for sure: Bedford Valley is hiding something.
Wild Season is a farming Simulation Game developed by Quickfire Games. It draws major inspiration from Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, and Thousand Arms - among others. The game will give the player greater control over their farms, as has been seen in A New Beginning, and has a greater focus on forming relationships with the other citizens of the town by forming friendships, romances, and rivalries with their unique Friend Zone system, even allowing for same-sex relationships.
The team had a successful Kickstarter that was funded in December 2013, and was also Greenlit on Steam. However, no updates have been made to the game since June of 2016; while no official cancellation was ever announced, at the very least it's safe to assume that the game has fallen into Development Hell.
This game provides examples of:
- Character Customization: The game will have in depth character customization. You can play as a male or a female, most likely choose your skin color, and can wear different clothing.
- Close-Knit Community: Bedford Valley seems to be this.
- Dating Sim: You can have romantic relationships with a group of bachelors or bachelorettes.
- Distaff Counterpart: The male version of the female main character. (The female character has been confirmed as canon via Word of God).
- Expy: If some of the pre-alpha screenshots are to be believed Misty and Brock from Pokemon live in this town.
- Fanservice with a Smile: Alexandra seems to fill this role, due to her "Likes."
- Farm Boy: The main character runs a farm, this applies to the male main character.
- Farm Life Sim: Wild Season is about a job-hunting city kid who takes up an ad for a farm. You end up in Bedford Valley, however everyone is unpleasant and uninviting. The plot revolves around befriending them and finding out why they want you out of town.
- Gay Option: You can play as a male or female MC and can have same-sex relationships with some characters.
- Mukokuseki: Averted. There are a few characters with different skin tones, and after many Kickstarter backers showed interest in more people of color, the developers agreed to add more.
- Relationship Values: Subverted. Wild Season will make use of a more complex system that more accurately portrays real-life relationships, with characters being turned off by players being too attentive, or not attentive enough.
- Town with a Dark Secret: Though unclear how far-reaching or dark the secret is, the main story of the game will revolve around the secret of the town.