Wibble Wobble is a survival Platform Game by Daniel Linssen, made for the July 2015 #indiesvsgamers Game Jam.
As the name states, the player is placed in a world where the entire landscape is wibbly wobbly. The player must survive for as long as they possibly can while evading various hazards and building up a score multiplier by collecting floating stars.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: All the lethal hazards are coloured red.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: As the title states, everything is wibbly wobbly.
- High-Pressure Blood: The protagonist sprays a jet of blood for every frame it is in contact with a hazard. Even long after it's dead.
- Jump Physics: The wobbling ground can mess up your jumps, either by altering the height or how far you jump towards the left or right.
- Lava Pit: If parts of the ground dips below a threshold, it briefly exposes a lava pit.
- Luck-Based Mission: The random movements of the ground may invoke this, especially if a large portion falls below the lava line with you in the middle and there's nowhere to quickly get to safety.
- Nintendo Hard: You'd be lucky to survive even a minute.
- One-Hit-Point Wonder: Your protagonist dies if it comes into contact with any of the hazards.
- Retraux: The game has a very minimalist pixelated visual style.
- Rubbery World: The whole game world is wibbly wobbly. This can work against you because not only does it mess with your jumps, but if parts of the ground dip below a certain threshold, lava will briefly appear there.
- Scoring Points: You have a score meter that is constantly going up. You can additionally build up a multiplier if you collect floating stars.
- Spikes of Doom: The landscape is littered with these.
- Stalked by the Bell: If you linger in one position for a few seconds, a floating ball with a deadly pulsing red aura will close in on you.
- When All Else Fails, Go Right: Averted. You can go in either direction, but you'll probably end up sticking going in that chosen direction until your next run.