is a free online MMORPG
, set in Anassin of the Dual Solar Empire. The gameplay opportunities change with every action the player takes. It is a futuristic urban-set Sci-Fi
game, released in 2014. The backstory of the player arriving in Anassin is basic: get ahead in the city where local and galactic powers are working to rid it of crime. There is no linear storyline, the player deciding their own journey (obvious within limits, like having to be in a gang). It also implements permadeath — but being a free and open RPG, this isn't as terrible as it could be.
Tropes present in Urban Galaxy:
- Corporate Warfare: There are 4 companies in Urban Galaxy: GIG, U50, P&C, and Stars Chapman. The main conflicts are between GIG and U50, and there is even a map for this.
- Escort Mission:
- The NPC you escort for a district event decides a path, sticks to it, and tries to attack any and all enemies that happen to be in their vicinity.
- There is also a mission where you protect a cargo ship, which is level one, with no shields nor weapons, and is about as tough as wet cardboard.
- Fridge Brilliance: The Anassin Guard Veteran is the highest level mob (read: most experienced), and does not appear in combat.
- MacGuffin: Carble is supposedly the main plot point. You never hear of nor use Carble in the entire game.
- Mooks: Anassin Guardian Trainees, or Skull Rat Gunners, depending on your alignment.
- Mook Mobile: The ships that the lower level enemies use have one to two low level weapons, and aren't very durable.
- No Blood for Phlebotinum: Carble is a fuel necessary for running a variety of engines and hyperspace ships. It is created by processing a seed produced by plants on Cotrikon. And only on Cotrikon. As such, many parties fight over the control of these plants in order to gain a monopoly.
- Ray Gun: The Laser Gun, Ion Cannon, and Nano Weapon.
- Skyscraper City: All the buildings are situated high above the ground.
- Space Fighter: All of the ships are manned by a single pilot, and almost all of them contain at least one weapon.
- Vestigial Empire: The Dual Solar empire has passed its glory days, and struggles to keep control (and Carble) from the Federation.