Every night, Kensuke Tanaka takes the subway train back home. His usual routine for that always involves grabbing a drink from the vending machine, using the bathroom, and taking a smoke break. However, lately, as the nights go on, his usual ride home's been getting spooky.
The Ghost Train contains examples of:
- Fade to Black: Whenever you interact with most things that you need to, the screen fades to black, and then fades back in.
- Fetch Quest: You have one on the first night. You need to find some green cicadas for someone.
- First-Person Ghost: Kensuke Tanaka is never seen. He doesn't even show up in mirrors because of the game's technical limitations.
- Multiple Endings: The game has more than one ending. You get the good one by calling "Home".
- Notice This: Anything you need to interact with has a yellow marker above it.
- P.O.V. Cam: The game is viewed from Kensuke's point-of-view.
- Ring Menu: The game has one, which lets you hold eight items.