SCP-087 and SCP-087-B are two games that have one thing in common: a Survival Horror adaption of the SCP Foundation mythos. The original was made by Haversine in 2011, and 087-B was made by Regalis in 2012, who went on to develop SCP – Containment Breach.
The original SCP-087 game is about exploring an endless stairway haunted by one monster, while SCP-087-B is about exploring a recently discovered, related, endless series of hallways haunted by three other monsters.
SCP-087 and SCP-087-B provide examples of:
- Absurdly Long Stairway: Endless, as a matter of fact.
- Adaptation Expansion: SCP-087-B expands upon the stairwell's architecture, and adds more monsters, at the expense of canon.
- Big Bad Ensemble:
- SCP-087-1: A ghastly, disembodied face.
- The Masked Man: A black figure in a white mask.
- The Red Mist Monster: Red mist in the shape of a humanoid.
- The Cheshire Smile: A disembodied face with piercing eyes and a toothy grin.
- Eldritch Location: Both SCP-087 and SCP-087-B are very unusual and mysterious locations.
- Endless Corridor: SCP-087-B is less inclined than its Absurdly Long Stairway cousin.
- Evil Brit: Well, he's the least evil character in SCP-087-B aside from the player character (actually, scratch that, the PC is likely a Class-D, which means he's possibly a death row inmate), but the researcher is still an employee at the SCP Foundation, and his text-to-speech voice has a posh English accent.
- Home of Monsters: There's a whopping 4 monsters among the entirety of SCP-087.
- Humanoid Abomination: There's four of them haunting SCP-087.
- Mission Control: You're directed by the voice of a researcher via radio in SCP-087-B.
- Randomly Generated Levels: Similar to SCP-Containment Breach, the level design of SCP-087-B is just 8 separate rooms (mainly hallways) randomly generated forever.
- Synthetic Voice Actor: In SCP-087-B, the researcher is voiced by a text-to-speech software.
- Unwinnable by Design: You're trapped in the structure. It doesn't matter how long you trek on for, you'll die eventually.
- Don't Look At Me: In SCP-087-B, the Red Mist Monster drops this infamous line whenever you have an actual encounter with him.