A casual match-three Mobile Phone Game from Gamenami released in 2014, Konbini Story puts players in the role of the proprietor of a konbini mart. As customers arrive with food and drink orders, players fill those orders by matching 3 of the requested snack items on the game board. Matching snacks and serving customers earns coins that are used to unlock new menu offerings and upgrade available snacks. Coins can also be used to hire "Staff Members" that grant various bonuses during gameplay, like extra turns or playtime. Levels rotate between three types of challenges:
- Timed Challenges: players have an unlimited number of moves to earn a designated number of coins before the timer runs out
- Coin Challenges: players have a limited number of moves to earn a designated number of coins
- Product Challenges: players have a limited number of moves to clear a certain number of snacks or create powered-up items
With 300 levels spread across 3 stages, 35 tasty snacks to unlock and upgrade, and over 40 unique employees to acquire, the game offers hours of fun for players to enjoy.
While the game is still available for download, updates seem to have been abandoned by developer Gamenami — the last game update was in March of 2018, and the game's facebook page hasn't posted since October 2016.
Konbini Story contains examples of:
- Ad Reward: On failing a level, players are offered the chance to watch an ad to gain additional moves. (As of 2022, the feature no longer works — the game hasn't been updated since 2018, so players receive an error message.)
- Alice Allusion: A blond girl wearing a blue dress with a white apron is available as a hire. Her designation is Alice.
- Bribing Your Way to Victory: Power-ups to make gameplay easier can be purchased at the start of each level, using the Premium Currency that's only meted out in small amounts for perfect scores. Premium currency can be purchased in-game with real money.
- Bunny Girl: A girl wearing a bunny suit is available as a hire.
- Chinese Vampire: Jiangshi were available as special hires during the 2017 Halloween event.
- Equipment Upgrade: Upgrading the snacks available to customers makes them generate more coins when cleared from the board.
- Happy Holidays Dress: Staffer "Santa Suit Girl" wears a short red dress and black boots trimmed with white, and Santa Clause's red hat.
- Head Swap: The majority of employees and customers have identical sprite bases, with different faces and outfits drawn on.
- Holiday Mode: Special events with time-limited hires were run for Halloween and Christmas while the game was still supported by developers.
- Match-Three Game: Matching three icons in the game board clears them away and makes room for new snacks. Matching four or five creates a powered-up item that can be used to clear a larger area of the game board.
- Microtransactions: Players can buy more of the game's premium diamond currency with real world money in the game's shop.
- Matching four snacks creates an upgraded version of that snack. When the upgraded snack is matched, it unleashes a "line burst" power up that clears an entire row or column of the game board.
- Matching five snacks creates a "bento bomb." Bento bombs can substitute for any other type of snack on the board in a 3-, 4-, or 5-way match, and when matched they clear an area of 3x3 square around them.
- Premium Currency: Diamonds, which can be used to purchase power-ups or additional turns to complete a level. The game distributes diamonds sparingly for perfect 3-star scores, or players can purchase them in the game's shop.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: A red oni and a blue oni are available as hires.