A casual match-three mobile game from Gamenami released in 2014, Konbini Story puts players in the role of the proprietor of a konbini mart. As customers arrive with food and drink orders, players fill those orders by matching 3 of the requested snack items on the game board. Matching four snacks creates a "line burst" power up, and matching five snacks creates a "bento bomb" that can clear a 3x3 square when activated. Matching snacks and serving customers earns coins that are used to unlock and upgrade the available variety of snacks. Coins can also be used to hire "Staff Members" that grant various bonuses during gameplay, like extra turns or playtime. Levels rotate between three types of challenges:
- Timed Challenges: players have an unlimited number of moves to earn a designated number of coins before the timer runs out
- Coin Challenges: players have a limited number of moves to earn a designated number of coins
- Product Challenges: players have a limited number of moves to clear a certain number of snacks or create powered-up items
With 300 levels spread across 3 stages, 35 tasty snacks to unlock and upgrade, and over 40 unique employees to acquire, the game offers hours of fun for players to enjoy.
While still playable, the game seems to have been shelved by developer Gamenami — the last game update was in March of 2018, and the game's facebook page hasn't posted since October 2016.
Konbini Story contains examples of:
- Alice Allusion: A blond girl wearing a blue dress with a white apron is available as a hire. Her designation is Alice.
- Bribing Your Way to Victory: Power-ups to make gameplay easier can be purchased at the start of each level, using the premium currency that's only meted out in small amounts for perfect scores. Premium currency can be purchased in-game with real money.
- Bunny Girl: A girl wearing a bunny suit is available as a hire.
- Chinese Vampire: Jiangshi were available as special hires during the 2017 Halloween event.
- Happy Holidays Dress: Staffer "Santa Suit Girl" wears a short red dress and black boots trimmed with white, and Santa Clause's red hat.
- Head Swap: The majority of hireable employees have identical sprite bases, with different faces and outfits drawn on.
- Match-Three Game: Matching three icons in the game board clears them away and makes room for new snacks. Matching four or five creates a powered-up item that can be used to clear a larger area of the game board.
- Microtransactions: Players can buy more of the game's premium diamond currency with real world money in the game's shop.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red oni and blue oni are available as hires.