Gryphon Knight Epic is a Side-Scrolling Shoot 'em Up by Cyber Rhino Studios.
Sir Oliver is an accomplished knight. He's defeated a dragon, married a princess, and saved the kingdom. Now all that's left for him to do is kick back with his loyal Gryphon, Aquila, and enjoy the fruits of his labour.
Or at least that WOULD be the case had not his kingdom's former allies attacked him. Oliver is completely baffled that his friends would do this, but realizes that something must be up. So, he hops on Aquila's back, and the two of them set off on a quest to find out just what that something is.
The game was funded on Kickstarter on August 26, 2014, and released on Steam on August 20th, 2015.
Gryphon Knight Epic contains examples of:
- A Load of Bull: Asterion Hornedson, one of the bosses you face, is a minotaur.
- Alliterative Name: One of the bosses is named Lorraine Learn.
- Badass Moustache: Sir Oliver sports one.
- Cartoon Bomb: Lorraine throws these around in your boss fight with her.
- Cruel Elephant: One of the enemy types you face is a gigantic elephant.
- Giant Spider: One of the enemy types you face is spider roughly the size of Sir Oliver himself.
- Killer Gorilla: Simiel Totec's mount is a gorilla named Gronko.
- Mega Manning: For every boss you beat, you gain the use of their weapon.
- Pirate Girl: Lorraine Learn, one of the bosses.
- Scary Scorpions: Zafira Faris, one of the bosses, rides a gigantic scorpion.
- When Trees Attack: One of the enemy types in the game is a huge Ent that attacks by shooting its arms forward and covering it in spikes.