Ellie: Help Me Out... Please (監獄脱出少女Lie - "Prison Escape Girl Ellie") is a free Japanese Room Escape Game developed by A-Team for mobile devices.
One night, you are driving home when an sudden earthquake strands you in the middle of nowhere. You enter a derelict building in search of aid, and discover a computer displaying a security camera feed of a room where a young girl stands captive. Using a two-way audio intercom, the girl introduces herself as Ellie Fosternote and pleads with you to help her escape the room before her kidnapper awakens.
This game provides examples of:
- Cold-Blooded Torture: It's implied that the kidnapper does this to his victims, and that she was next, hadn't it been for the earthquake. She admits to it if you find the real victim.
- Damsel in Distress: Ellie.
- Subverted - when you see the girl under the camera, she reveals her Ax-Crazy identity. There's still the real Ellie Foster to play this straight.
- Dead Man Writing: There is a message burned onto the bed of the room by another victim of the kidnapper, but you need to find a way to make it visible again.
- The Dulcinea Effect: If you're a male player, then Ellie is essentially counting on your chivalry-to-strangers to make her plan work.
- The End... Or Is It?: Even though you stopped the fake Ellie, her body is never recovered.
- Evil Sounds Deep: After the fake Ellie is exposed, her voice turns deeper, calmer and more menacing. Every line she speaks when reacting to an object or event is re-dubbed in that voice.
- Good Eyes, Evil Eyes: After the fake Ellie is exposed, her iridae shrink.
- Multiple Endings:
- Bad End: To get this ending, do the least you need to do to finish the game - open the hatch and let the fake Ellie escape through it. Or alternatively, failing to stop the fake Ellie after exposing her. Both will lead you to a cutscene where she'll approach you and kill you with the trowel.
- Good Ending: You need to do everything that needs to be done, exposing the fake Ellie in the process, then find a way to stop her while having the real one unharmed.
- The another room scenario continues with multiple endings. In this case, you need to pre-emptively sabotage the electric chair and move the crane arm into the correct position before you open the hatch.
- Soft-Spoken Sadist: The fake Ellie starts talking in a deeper, sultrier and creepier voice after dropping her facade.
- Spoiler Title: In the Japanese version, the Lie part of Prison Escape Girl Lie should apparently be a more westernized spelling of the girl's name, Rie... but it may also refer to the fact that what she's trying to make you believe is a Lie. This doubles as Bilingual Bonus.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: The fake Ellie pretends to be the victim of the kidnapper, so that you'll help her escape... and once you do, she'll just get rid of you. Depending on what you do, she may or may not succeed.