The game follows Jacob Helten, who has been assisting his wife following a car accident. When she disappears from the hospital after a promising recovery, Helten starts peeking under the hospitals surface and discovers nothing is as it seems. To find Heltens wife and survive, youll need to gather weapons, battle mutated patients, and solve Resident Evil-style puzzles that extend well beyond the hospital.
It has a launch trailer, which can be viewed here.
This game provides examples of:
- Abandoned Hospital: The game begins in the creepy Reagan Hospital, which is full of things like random body parts hanging on hooked chains dangling from the ceiling. It just gets worse from there.
- Archnemesis Dad: Implied by the launch trailer, which is narrated by somebody addressing an unknown character, presumably Jacob Helten, as "son" and clearly behind everything horrible that he's going to face.
- Body Horror: The enemies Jacob fights are hideously disfigured victims of gruesome surgical experiments.
- Combat Sadomasochist: The patients are so insane that they are indifferent to pain, and indeed actively seek it out. The first one that Helten encounters is beating its face to a pulp against a nearby rock.
- Couldn't Find a Pen: The launch trailer displays a shot of a crude wooden with a message scrawled beside the door in blood; "I was wondering how people works, until I opened one and figured out", partially covered up by the written equivalent of mad laughter. This turns out to be a small hut the player finds after they first arrive on the island.
- Downer Ending: Turns out that Jacob's mother is using her son as a bomb to kill his father. It's be sad if the sight of Jacob's head flying through the window wasn't so hilarious.
- Evil Old Folks: The whole plot stems from a warring pair of conspirators, led by two elderly individuals. In an unusual twist, one of them - and Helten's ally - is his mother in law.
- Evil Sounds Deep: The villainous narrator of the launch trailer has a deep, booming voice.
- Expy: Visually and stylistically, the game is very reminiscent of The Evil Within duology and/or the Resident Evil franchise.
- Mad Doctor: The whole plot ultimately revolves round an insane doctor conducting horrific experiments on helpless patients.
- The launch trailer shows a brief shot of a being in a doctor's gown with their eyes and mouth sewn shut, although it's unclear if that's the same one.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: Implied by the launch trailer; the villainous narrator talks about their experiments being necessary to get rid of "cockroaches", which is clearly referencing some as-yet unidentified strata of society that they disdain.