Once upon a time in the land of beavers, the populace composed of beavers lived in peace and prosperity. The head of the main ruling clan was a beaver named Bold, who was both charismatic and gentle, and thus, well-loved throughout the plains. With him at the helm, the land was at peace. However, darker times were brewing.
In the Mountains of Moria, an evil beaver named Rangor the Terrible was intent on conquering the land. After building his army, his force swept through the plains, showing no mercy. Peace was completely shattered, and Bold's only son Balin was kidnapped by Rangor's followers. With nothing left to lose, Bold mustered all his strength and courage, grabbed a nearby stick, and with a warcry, charged off to defeat Rangor and his followers. Nothing would stand in his way to getting back his son. But, will he suceed?
Fight your way through several stages while gaining experience and levels. Use your combat and magic skills to take out tougher Mook after Mook. After each stage, distribute any new upgrade points available and buy new equipment from Otto. Will you be able to defeat Rangor and restore peace to the land?
This game provides examples of:
- Battlecry: Parodied with Bold's battle cry of "NOM! NOM! NOMMMMM!".
- Death Mountain: Mount Moira, which also doubles as the final stage in the game.
- Heal Thyself: The "Regeneration" magic, which heals a set percentage of Bold's maximum health.
- Playing with Fire: The "Explode" magic. Creates an explosion around Bold which damages anything near him.
- Shifting Sand Land: The Sand Hills.
- Shock and Awe: The "Storm" magic. Summons several bolts of lightning which damage anything near Bold.
- With This Herring: Bold begins his adventure with only a stick and no armor.