- Creator Backlash: Jessica Alba has said she found the violence ultimately gratuitous.
- Fake American: Elias Koteas (Joe Rothman) is Canadian and Simon Baker (Howard) is Australian.
- Playing Against Type: Adorable boyish Casey Affleck as a brutal irredeemable killer. Counts as this for both Jessica Alba and romcom regular Kate Hudson as well.
- What Could Have Been:
- Andrew Dominik was set to direct, and had Tom Cruise lined up to play Lou Ford. When Cruise dropped out, Dominik left the project - he felt he needed a big star actor to carry such a complex and disturbing film.
- Katherine Heigl, Natalie Portman, Sienna Miller and Michelle Williams were all considered to play Amy Stanton.
- Emily Blunt, Anne Hathaway and Amanda Seyfried were considered to play Joyce Lakeland.
- Sam Riley auditioned to play Lou Ford.
Trivia / The Killer Inside Me