- Box Office Bomb: Cost $18 million to make, but made back only $12.8 million.
- Channel Hop: After Universal lost the movie rights following the first film, 20th Century Fox took over for this film.
- Creator Killer: The movie K.Oed the cinematic careers of director Andrzej Bartkowiak and writer Justin Marks from the ring until the second half of The New 10's. Marks recovered with Jon Favreau's version of Walt Disney's The Jungle Book in 2016.
- Not Screened for Critics: This movie was not pre-screened for film critics.
- Promoted Fanboy: As shown in his guest appearance on Toy Hunter, Taboo is a fan of the games. Likewise for Michael Clarke Duncan.
- Star-Derailing Role: This was Kristin Kreuk's first big role after her stint in Smallville. Its failure would torpedo her career and she has spent the rest of her career doing smaller roles and television.
- Stunt Casting: Kristin Kreuk being cast as Chun-Li probably had more to do with the fact that she had a high-profile at the time due to her prominent role in Smallville as opposed to any real resemblance to the character.
Trivia / Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li