- Actor-Shared Background: Miss Luther ends up coaching, or teaching, Terry acting. In real life, Constance Collier was a renowned acting teacher (as well as actress), and she ended up teaching Katharine Hepburn Shakespearean acting.
- The Danza: Eve Arden's character is named Eve, and Ann Miller's character is named Annie.
- Enforced Method Acting: The cast was made to hang out for several weeks, and most of the banter in the movie came from that.
- Irony as She Is Cast:
- Katharine Hepburn had already won an Oscar when she was cast as the talent-free Terry Randall. She does get better, though.
- Also, the little-known Andrea Leeds played Kaye Hamilton, considered by the others to be the best actress in the bunch.
- Part of the reason Judy marries at the end is she realizes that her acting career is never going to go anywhere. Judy is played by Lucille Ball.
Trivia / Stage Door