- Actor Allusion: See Celebrity Paradox immediately below, likely inspiring the incident resulting in said Celebrity Paradox.
- Celebrity Paradox: John Cleese plays Maya's father, who heckles tour buses that stop by his building as it was used as a filming location for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. He played Nearly Headless Nick in the first two films.
- Disabled Character, Disabled Actor: Micah Fowler has Cerebral Palsy, just like J.J., though he doesn't have as limited a range of motion as J.J. and is also able to speak verbally.
- Throw It In!: The writers initially envisioned Maya as American, but after having Minnie Driver test out the dialogue in an American accent and her native British accent, they realized that Maya could get away with a lot more crap if she was a Brit.Minnie Driver: The real truth is, you can get away with a lot more when you speak with a British accent. You can say very rude things and make them sound charming. And you can offend people, and they will smile at you, and only subsequently realize how offensive you were.
- Recycled Script: The second Halloween Episode borrows heavily from Treehouse of Horror II with both Framing Devices revolving around Acid Reflux Nightmares.
Trivia / Speechless