- Artist Disillusionment: Admitted in a livestream that he's been suffering this as of late due to him seeing "Alice" as a Tough Act to Follow after almost 10 years.
- Banned In The US: Not his music, but Nick himself, due to not having a proper work visa. He spent three weeks in custody and is now prohibited from entering the US for a decade.
- Big Name Fan:
- Childish Gambino has a released a rap that uses "Upular" as the beat. No, really.
- PewDiePie has stated that he is a huge fan of Nick's music, having listened to his album Weightless "countless" times.
- Politics aside, commentator Steven Crowder has used his music damn near religiously for his bumpers, which translated to his outspoken admiration for Nick when he appeared on Crowder's show.
- YouTuber Sky Williams has used Nick's songs as background music for his videos on numerous occasions, specifically going out of his way to comment his appreciation for "G'Day G'Day".
- Creator Backlash:
- Once stated on a livestream that he doesn't like his second and lesser-known remix of A.I.: Artificial Intelligence, "Just Blue Fairy", because of how downtempo and slow it is.
- He also said in another livestream that he has grown to dislike his perpetually unreleased Pirates of the Caribbean remix "Swashbuckle" due to how poor the song's mix is, stating that he essentially has to remaster it from the ground up when playing it live.
- Executive Meddling: Currently being essentially held hostage by Disney; any Disney-related remixes have to be commissioned by them with secured rights, or they'll sue him. This is the main reason his Pirates of the Caribbean remix, "Swashbuckle", will never see the light of day.
- Milestone Celebration: Pogo's M&M's remix was done for the brand's 75th anniversary.
- Old Shame: He uploaded a video of him showcasing his really old tracks (from before he even had a Youtube channel) and making fun of them. He doesn't really care for these tracks.
- His original YouTube username, "Fagottron", is also this, as he created it when he was much younger and had no intention for it to be offensive, seeing in the same sense as "Dickottron". He has reportedly gone to YouTube to ask them to change his channel name, which they advised against (seeing it as systematically impossible) since changing the channel name would effectively change every linked URL of one of his videos.
- Playing Against Type: A non-acting variant; Nick has made a video on how people were giving him backlash for his Pulp Fiction remix (which was his first remix of a mature film) when all of the remixes he'd done up to that one were kid-friendly.
- Throw It In!: One time, when Nick finished making a song, he hadn't really had a title in mind. Out of sheer boredom, he named the song "Oh Good, I Found Some Lint".
- What Could Have Been:
Trivia / Nick Bertke