- All-Star Cast: In the 2013 BBC Radio production.
- Creator Cameo:
- In the radio version, Neil Gaiman plays Mr Figgis, the security guard at Richard's work, and would-be bodyguard The Fop With No Name.
- In the TV show, Gaiman also appears at the start of in the intro credits, running under an arch.
- Development Hell:
- Reality Subtext: It is unknown if this was intentional, but the bits of the book that take part in Angel tube station can have this impact due to Angel being home to Slimelight, a long running alternative nightclub. It is not uncommon for ordinary commuters to be accompanied by club patrons with some interesting ideas about fashion.
- Role Reprisal: In the BBC Radio 4 version of "How the Marquis Got His Coat Back" the Marquis is played by Paterson Joseph who played him the original TV version of "Neverwhere" instead of David Harewood who played him in the radio version. The change is justified In-Universe by saying the Marquis' voiced changed after his throat was cut.
- Similarly Named Works: Neverwhere is also the name of an animated short by Richard Corben. It inspired the Den segment of Heavy Metal.
Trivia / Neverwhere