- Billing Displacement: Gloria Estefan appears in the film much less than the credits, filmposter or publicity suggested.
- Doing It for the Art: Meryl Streep had to learn how to look convincingly like she was an expert violinist - and it's pretty darn good.
- He Also Did: Hard to believe this is from the same director as A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984).
- The Other Marty: Madonna was attached to the film to play Roberta, and had taken violin lessons for several months, before leaving the film citing "creative differences" with director Craven. Of course, we got Meryl Streep instead.
- Playing Against Type: The director (see He Also Did), with his only non-thriller - and his only PG-rated movie.
Trivia / Music of the Heart