- Fake American: British-Canadian Scott Speedman as Lieutenant Commander Kendall and Australians Daisy Betts as Lieutenant Grace Shepard and Daniel Lissing as SEAL James King.
- Fake Nationality: Zigzagged all over the place with Nepali-Australian (and ethnically German-Tibetan) Dichen Lachman as an Australian-raised island native. Also, American-born Sahr Ngaujah, who is of Sierra Leonean descent, as an expatriate Liberian drug lord who somehow found himself in the Indian Ocean.
- Singaporean Chinese Chin Han as Chinese Special Envoy Zheng Li.
- Averted with Frenchwoman Sophie Girard being played by - gasp! - a French actress.
- Some of the "Filipinos" being depicted in "Blue Water" are a mix. Some are actual ones, but there are others who look like them. Except that they aren't. Example: One of them doesn't pronounce "Sampaloc" the right way during a conversation with King and Sam.
- Production Posse: Jay Karnes (The Deputy Defense Secretary) and David Rees Snell (Hopper, the injured SEAL) followed creator Shawn Ryan over from The Shield.
- As did Robert Patrick (the COB) from The Unit.
- Screwed by the Network: ABC has a lengthy history of failure on Thursday nights at 8pmnote , a timeslot dominated in the fall by The Big Bang Theory and, to a (much) lesser extent, The X Factor. So, naturally, they placed Last Resort in that very slot. The ratings were about as low as one would expect, and only got lower as the season progressed. After finishing last in the timeslotnote twice in a row, ABC finally announced the show's cancellation.
Trivia / Last Resort